General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User witchunt
(committed) Fri 02-Jun-17 19:25:59
Print Post

Re: BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I'm "guessing " their systems cancelled the order in the background and now they are rebuilding the service .
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Jun-17 10:13:10
Print Post

AAAAARRRGHHHHHH!! So close....yet so far frown

Openreach Engineer came this morning, took him 30 seconds to activate the ONT. Great, I now have a solid green PON light. But my router won't connect as there should be a pure unadulterated internet connection coming from LAN1 on the ONT...or so I thought. The Engineer tried his own BT router and no luck with that either. He speaks to fibre provisioning team, they say despite the service being on a BT Wholesale network, the service will need to be authenticated to Fluidone's Radius servers, ie I need PPPoE authentication on the router. This was also confirmed when I factory reset my Netgear X10 and then placed it in 'auto-sense connection' mode to the ONT, it asked me for PPPoE login details.

I then called Fluidone, they say i MUST use their pre-configured Juniper SRX 300 firewall and being on a 'managed install' means they will not supply me with PPPoE login details. So i basically need to hook up the Nighthawk X10 to the SRX300 which is connected to the ONT. I did originally plan to sell off the free SRX 300 on ebay if i could avoid using it but that plan's gone down the drain...with a potential loss of ~ £500 LOL. Anyway Fluidone posted the SRX300 a few days ago but apparently DPD couldn't deliver it and didn't even have the courtesy to leave a missed delivery card. So will try to pick up the firewall later on from the DPD depot in Inverness.

------------------------------------------------------
Fluidone FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Powered by Netgear R9000 X10
Standard User jdigz7
(learned) Fri 09-Jun-17 11:18:29
Print Post

Considering how much you've paid for all this don't you find all this a bit ..... Unprofessional and poor on behalf of both BT and Fluid One. I would of thought you should have been sent that hardware a long time ago..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Jun-17 11:49:49
Print Post

Wow, that sucks .......... I can't help feel that's all a bit 'controlling' of FluidOne ......

Surely if you pay top dollar then they should allow you to use your own kit ... keep theirs for faulting purposes ?
Openreach Engineer came this morning, took him 30 seconds to activate the ONT.
Why don't I get snips like that [sigh]

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Jun-17 11:52:42
Print Post

[re: jdigz7] [link to this post]

Unprofessional and poor on behalf of both BT and Fluid One.

Sorry, but reading through the post it seems the blame for this is FluidOne's doing. NOT 'BT's"

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Jun-17 12:32:49
Print Post

Couldn't you setup a PPPoE Server on a spare machine or virtual box and have the ISP Supplied router talk to that?
And when it tries to authenticate with that you will have the required information?

We use to do thing like that all the time when we was trying to reverse engineer some software / hardware, granted it took a while to do, but it did work.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 09-Jun-17 12:58:57
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Maybe FluidOne should just stop being primo about it ? I see Vodaphone have now relented on the same issue.

Edited by Zarjaz (Fri 09-Jun-17 13:26:11)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Jun-17 13:01:41
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Maybe FluidOne should just being primo about it ? I see Vodaphone have now relented on the same issue.

I totally agree, it was more of a way to possibly get the information if the ISP are stuck up about giving that information out.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM
Standard User Jabes
(member) Fri 09-Jun-17 13:07:25
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Sounds like a good plan - most PPPoE servers won't echo the password to the log, wonder which one is simple enough to set up and will?

Since I'm about to order FTTPoD from fluidone this interests me greatly because I'm perfectly happy with my pfsense router/firewall which is easily fast enough for 330Mb. In the worse case I wonder if fluidone will set up the juniper with open rules and no NAT.

Of course, it could be that everyone has the same password or the password is not checked and the username alone will be enough...

Best wishes
James
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Jun-17 13:46:14
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Woo hoo my 330/30 FTTP connection finally works....at 56k dial up speeds LOL. To be fair to Fluidone they sent the Juniper on time, it was DPD that boobed up but I managed to pick up the device this morning from my local depot. The SRX300 is actually just a bridge device of some sort, it has no NAT or DHCP functions so I plugged my Netgear router into the unit and hey presto i have internet. Fluidone said that I am contractually obliged to use the device as it has something to do with their Layer 3 switch system or something along those lines. Not a big deal for me though the Juniper is built like a big slab of steel so will have to hide it under a blanket or some pillows. I will post some photos later on of this monstrosity.

Anyway browsing is very slow, definitely doesn't feel like a fibre connection. Cant even access Speedtest.net to measure my actual speed. Fluidone are aware of this and are trying to fix this themselves or via Bt Wholesale. I've made it very clear to them that I won't pay them a penny until I start getting FTTP grade speeds smile

Fluidone FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps