General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Jan-17 00:50:14
Print Post

Re: BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

The FTTP on Demand Distance Based Charge is the variable connection charge which will apply to all FTTP on Demand orders in addition to the fixed connection charge. Openreach will calculate the relevant distance band for an Order using the radial distance from the relevant NGA aggregation node, calculated using the details recorded by Openreach.

Holding to Term Charges become due when a Service is ceased before the expiry of any minimum term for that Service. The minimum term period for FTTP on Demand is 36 months.
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Sun 29-Jan-17 08:25:02
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

We already know that.
Standard User radii
(learned) Tue 31-Jan-17 18:29:25
Print Post

any update?

BT Business said they don't do FTTPOD for me despite quoting me and me signing agreement.

Are there any options besides Fluidata? Spectrum only do Wales it appears. Interoute say they don't do it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Feb-17 16:25:48
Print Post

[re: radii] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by radii:
any update?

BT Business said they don't do FTTPOD for me despite quoting me and me signing agreement.

Are there any options besides Fluidata? Spectrum only do Wales it appears. Interoute say they don't do it.

Well as I suspected all along, BT Business told me today that they cannot offer me FTTPoD. So flushed the signed agreement down the loo frown

I think they initially thought they could offer me native FTTP (hence the pricing) but when their back end team tried to process the order, obviously they couldn't. Speaking to the BT Local Business Branch Manager he said they used to sell the FoD product a year or two ago before Openreach put a temporary halt to it but they've decided not to sell it again - at present they only sell the native fibre product where available.

Anyway I don't know of any provider other than Fluidata currently offering FTTPOD nationwide. I am seriously considering going with Fluidata, construction charges are £3.5k+vat (band D) for my property so aren't too bad, but obviously the £300 pm charges are the killer here. I'm trying to get some kind of reassurance from Fluidata that I have a chance to pull out of the contract if the construction costs get astronomical (say >£6k). I only pay them once the service goes live so don't want a bill for £25k when they've quoted me ~ £4k for Band D.

On the plus side, my experience with Fluidata has been top notch. They appear to be the 'AAISP' of Business ISPs smile

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
Standard User radii
(learned) Wed 01-Feb-17 16:40:50
Print Post

...that maybe ok for you. There is Virgin Project Lightning where I am so I can get Business grade 300mbps for 90+vat with no connection charge . I'm in a BT test area (1st area to get FTTC). For me the fear is that I sign up - 3 years- then BT offer FTTPOD at a much cheaper rate. More likely it will be G.fast but I am less than 100m from the BT cabinet...so I should probably wait....

Anybody know any other providers that will quote? Interoute and Spectrum won't quote me FTTPOD.
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 01-Feb-17 17:05:55
Print Post

For me the fear is that I sign up - 3 years- then BT offer FTTPOD at a much cheaper rate.

I don't think there's much chance of Openreach significantly lowering the wholesale costs of FoD for a while yet. The high costs are mainly down to getting the fibre laid to your front door. I believe even the one-off charges don't fully cover the actual construction charges, its only after 3 years when you've paid most/all of the construction charges, your connection is treated the same as native FTTP.

In your shoes i would go for the Virgin Business 300mbps service, VB apparently have a good reputation.

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-Feb-17 18:27:50
Print Post

Wait for G.Fast service available to you (330/50) if your cabinet closer to you. Otherwise get a VM Business 300/20
Standard User Westyfield2
(newbie) Thu 02-Feb-17 13:33:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
I believe even the one-off charges don't fully cover the actual construction charges, its only after 3 years when you've paid most/all of the construction charges, your connection is treated the same as native FTTP.

Have we ever seen the "after 3 years pricing reverts to native FTTP" written somewhere official rather than just rumours?

Personally, if FTTPoD were available on my FTTC line, I would rather pay an even higher one-off charge and then have the lower FTTP cost straight away.
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Feb-17 13:49:21
Print Post

[re: Westyfield2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Westyfield2:
Have we ever seen the "after 3 years pricing reverts to native FTTP" written somewhere official rather than just rumours?

Not a rumour, definitely true. I had this confirmed by Fluidata, they said after 36 months I would pay whatever the native FTTP monthly charges are at the time though I would have to enter into a new 12 month contract, otherwise i would continue on a rolling 30 day contract for the £300 pm service. I don't think anyone would be taking out FTTPoD on a lifetime monthly charge of £200+ pm.

TalkTalk Business 80/20
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-Feb-17 15:21:41
Print Post

Anybody know any other providers that will quote?

Fluency are selling FTTPoD for £4.5k + vat per year (£375 pm). They said Openreach will pay for the first £2.8k of construction costs (some business broadband voucher scheme) though they refuse to give out any estimated construction costs until after the survey is done. They also have their own LLU backhaul at the main exchanges in Scotland so my service would be avoiding BT wholesale backhaul once the Openreach fibre terminates at the Inverness Macdhui exchange.

Gradwell will also re-start selling this, though they haven't given a time frame yet. When they were selling FTTPoDv1 previously I vaguely remember they were charging ~ £200+vat pm for the 330/30 mbps service.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

TalkTalk Business 80/20

Edited by baby_frogmella (Thu 02-Feb-17 15:40:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to