General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Mar-17 11:34:06
Print Post

Re: BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[re: craski] [link to this post]

Out of curiosity how much did Fluidata quote you for one-off setup (construction) costs?

Currently Fluidone (nor any other ISP) cannot offer the 500 or 1000mbps FTTP packages yet despite OR announcing them a few months ago. Something to do with most exchanges not being able to support such speeds on FTTP yet.

You may want to wait & see if Gradwell will offer FoD again, when I spoke to them a few weeks ago they said they were thinking of selling this but no decision had been made yet. I remember they were selling FOD-v1 a few years ago for ~£200 (+vat) per month, however Openreach wholesale prices were cheaper then as well. So taking a guess I would assume their monthly prices would be around the £300 mark as well.

I've been given a tentative installation completion date of 28th April by Fluidone for FoD, which isn't bad considering i placed my order in mid Feb. I should know more in the coming weeks smile

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 04-Mar-17 11:35:44)

Standard User craski
(member) Sat 04-Mar-17 13:30:38
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Out of curiosity how much did Fluidata quote you for one-off setup (construction) costs?

£4.5k for band E (800 to 999m)

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Mar-17 18:28:05
Print Post

Something to do with most exchanges not being able to support such speeds on FTTP yet.

I think BT want to be able to run the 2 higher speed packages over XGPON in the access network, rather than GPON. That needs the entire PON terminating differently.

I also suspect that BT will want to send such customers through 10G cablelinks into the CP's network.

In combination, it might need the OLT/L2S's to be beefed up - perhaps just by better linecards, but perhaps to a whole new generation of device, including higher capacity backplanes and control plane.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User craski
(member) Sat 04-Mar-17 18:34:42
Print Post

Currently Fluidone (nor any other ISP) cannot offer the 500 or 1000mbps FTTP packages yet despite OR announcing them a few months ago. Something to do with most exchanges not being able to support such speeds on FTTP yet.

It was the upload that made me look at the 500/165 option as opposed to the 330/30 option as my plan for it is to share it amongst several users in a not spot near me.

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Sat 04-Mar-17 18:49:35
Print Post

It has nothing to do with this.

I assume they use BT Wholesale for the backhaul right? At the moment, BT Wholesale do not support the new variants through their ordering/support systems. The same goes for the faster GEA-FTTP variants.

BT Wholesale will already be consuming the 10Gig cablelink at larger exchanges.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Mar-17 07:34:08
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:

It has nothing to do with this.

I assume they use BT Wholesale for the backhaul right? At the moment, BT Wholesale do not support the new variants through their ordering/support systems. The same goes for the faster GEA-FTTP variants.

BT Wholesale will already be consuming the 10Gig cablelink at larger exchanges.

Yes Fluidone use BT Wholesale for FoD circuits. Screenshot of my order:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/03/07/orde...

Wrt current non-availability of 500 & 1000 mbps packages on FTTP, this begs the question why on earth would Openreach announce them yet CPs aren't allowed to order them?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7554-gigabit-gea-...

TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 07-Mar-17 08:49:35
Print Post

Sky, TalkTalk, Vodafone and probably Zen could order it not via BT Wholesale. If they wished.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 65258/14193Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User arronlowley
(member) Tue 07-Mar-17 20:39:00
Print Post

when it comes to fftp them prices are just a pure joke compared to eu prices, virgin provide 300/20 for £60 a month (if your area is good), i know its not fttp but still.
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Tue 07-Mar-17 22:21:55
Print Post

Baby_frogmella

The CPs will only know about the new products when OR announce them, so there will often be months of development in their support systems to cater for the new products as well as designing how they will cope with the backhaul and data volumes.

The new products will need to be coded so that they are not put in VLANs or backhaul that is smaller than they are ! In some places

Normal software development timescales are a minimum of 2 cycles plus time to collect the requirements. ( 1 cycle to develop, 1 to test and correct!). I think BT works on 90 days cycles so 6 months minimum!

Smaller CPs with manual process will be able to react faster but will not have the economies of scale at each head end of the bigger ones
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-Mar-17 07:27:36
Print Post

Yes Fluidone use BT Wholesale for FoD circuits. Screenshot of my order:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/03/07/orde...

Wrt current non-availability of 500 & 1000 mbps packages on FTTP, this begs the question why on earth would Openreach announce them yet CPs aren't allowed to order them?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7554-gigabit-gea-...

how much per month inc vat and installation fee inc vat and contract?

Edited by adslmax (Wed 08-Mar-17 07:28:31)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to