General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 02-Feb-17 20:36:28
Print Post

Re: DSL Checker - G.Fast

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

yeah but these cards dont have the same value now as they are now older generation spec.

Also we dont know if that contract was fully fulfilled.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 02-Feb-17 21:27:36
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

The equipment in the cabs takes an optical feed from the Openreach equipment in the exchange. From that it produces a VDSL2 signal which it merges with the phone signal coming down the copper from the PCP.

And vice versa.

The Huawei and ECI equipment do exactly the same job. What is supplied to them, and they return to the exchange, is identical. What they send to the user and receive back was supposed to be identical. However we have found that the ECI kit in several respects cannot handle the Openreach product developments since their original selection and rollout. It cannot add those improvements to the customer's signal.

So yes, "really" smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User witchunt
(member) Thu 02-Feb-17 21:58:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I think in practice the 2 won't communicate with other.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 02-Feb-17 22:02:00
Print Post

Which two won't communicate?

Are you saying each type of cabinet needs it's own manufacturer's GEA headend equipment?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 54999/14466Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User witchunt
(member) Thu 02-Feb-17 22:09:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Cabinet and headend if trying to mix vendors
Standard User derekdel
(member) Thu 02-Feb-17 22:22:14
Print Post

Bahhhh like others I waited years for FTTC/P and get the ECI cab. Around the corner there are Huawei cabs all fitted within about 8 months of each other.
Why?
Standard User godsell4
(member) Thu 02-Feb-17 22:57:31
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Will there be G.fast pods for AIO cabinets or can an AIO have a mix of VDSL2 and G.fast cards internally?

PlusNet Unlimited Fibre 3Mb to 5Mb
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 02-Feb-17 23:13:16
Print Post

Is that a yes? Or are you saying the headends are the same but if two types of cabinet are serviced by the exchange there needs to be a two identical headends, one for each type of cabinet?

I could believe that, but wonder how it comes about.

Does it get even more complicated on exchanges with both FTTC and FTTP, and worse still when postcode areas mix, and even worse when individual lines can get either?

Standard User witchunt
(member) Fri 03-Feb-17 10:18:25
Print Post

[re: godsell4] [link to this post]

On the face of it don't see why not. There is space inside for additional ties to the pod.
However, as most if not all of the AIO have been either BDUK or pravivately funded, it seems unlikely they will be upgraded to g.fast any time soon

Edited by witchunt (Fri 03-Feb-17 10:24:06)

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Feb-17 10:20:01
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

The guy on Kitz has now moved to the Huawei cab, he's on exactly the same line and has seen almost 4 mb increase in upstream.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,18678.msg342...

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to