General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Tue 27-Mar-18 10:47:09
Print Post

Re: Fibre finally comes to EO line

[re: sparky_paul] [link to this post]

Well, last week while I was out, someone came back and filled in the hole again. I don't know what was done, if anything.

Anyway, the third installment on roadworks.org starts today, that's a fortnight digging up the road to install new ducting. No sign of anything happening yet...

eclipse internet
(experienced) Tue 03-Apr-18 17:20:48
Print Post

A week on, and no holes in the ground.

roadworks.org entry gone today, replaced with another with a new date, 18 Apr - 1 May.

https://roadworks.org/?105323375

eclipse internet

Edited by sparky_paul (Tue 03-Apr-18 18:02:59)

(experienced) Thu 19-Apr-18 11:41:13
Print Post

Well, the ducting work was supposed to have started yesterday, but no sign of any digging yet. Over the last week or so, there has been someone spotted working in the new cabinet, and also up some of the poles to be served by the new cab.

There have also been some changes on the checkers too, with CodeLook now stating "FTTC being Connected, live due by July 2018" for the new cabinet P5, and also dslchecker.bt.com now has a new VDSL section, with line speed figures and a WBC FTTC availability date showing "Planned".

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Apr-18 11:45:01
Print Post

Nice, so not long now then smile

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 312.27 Mbps (down), 30.5 Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
(experienced) Thu 19-Apr-18 15:33:13
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yes, it's starting to look promising!

eclipse internet
(experienced) Mon 23-Apr-18 08:20:25
Print Post

Noticed one odd thing, if I check the address checker on dslchecker.bt.com, it now says that FTTC is "Available". Checking the phone number still says "Planned".

Well, first bit of the ducting was installed at the end of last week, from the new cab to a point 40 yards down the verge, where they are forced onto the road. Hopefully, they will be back today to start digging the road up.

eclipse internet
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Apr-18 09:35:09
Print Post

It "might" be done, but needs to progress in the system, I say keep checking every day or two with and without you phone number.

It might be a week or two before its fully live, but this is all just guess work.

What does the BT Openreach Where and when page say you can get?

Paul

TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
(experienced) Mon 23-Apr-18 15:47:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:

That's showing the same -

If you use the postcode and address, it's now at "Superfast Accepting Orders", but showing the old cabinet number 4.

If you put the phone number in, it's still on "Connect", but is showing the new cabinet P5.

Up until a few days ago, both used to say cabinet 4 and fibre enabled, but too far from the exchange (3+ miles EO line).

In any case, it's nowhere near done, they are digging the road up as I type, installing 130m of ducting. I was just curious about the checker anomaly.

eclipse internet
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Apr-18 17:55:06
Print Post

Haven't gone back to previous posts, but going by your current post I am assuming you went from an EO line to cabinet 4, to then new cabinet 5.
If so the following might be valid.

Ok, just skimmed through previous replies, maybe BT moved the EO Lines to their nearest cabinets, yours might be too far for cabinet 4 so they installed P5 and maybe the address information hasn't fully processed in the system where as the phone number has.

Did the Where and when page say you were on cabinet 4 or 5 for the address and phone number?

In reply to a post by sparky_paul:

That's showing the same -

Ok, well I would trust that more than the BT Wholesale Checker.

If you use the postcode and address, it's now at "Superfast Accepting Orders", but showing the old cabinet number 4.

If you put the phone number in, it's still on "Connect", but is showing the new cabinet P5.

You were probably first moved to cabinet 4 but was too far to get FTTC so you are possibly being moved to cabinet 5 which is at the connect stage.

Up until a few days ago, both used to say cabinet 4 and fibre enabled, but too far from the exchange (3+ miles EO line).

The distance to the exchange has nothing to do with getting FTTC or not, you are most probably too far from the cabinet (i.e. P4) hence the move.

In any case, it's nowhere near done, they are digging the road up as I type, installing 130m of ducting. I was just curious about the checker anomaly.

That's because they are still connecting up your cabinet.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Mon 23-Apr-18 18:07:10)

(experienced) Mon 23-Apr-18 18:13:34
Print Post

Haven't gone back to previous posts, but going by your current post I am assuming you went from an EO line to cabinet 4, to then new cabinet 5.

We are still on the EO line, and the cabinet 4 is back at the exchange. Our new local AIO cabinet P5 isn't connected yet.

eclipse internet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to