General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Aug-19 18:32:33
Print Post

Re: Openreach 1 Gig FTTP now 'available'

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

Nice smile

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User alexatkin
(regular) Sun 11-Aug-19 22:53:37
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Anyone know what Zen are pricing FTTP? They don't seem to show it on their website.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 11-Aug-19 23:02:21
Print Post

[re: alexatkin] [link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/zen

Links should show packages on Zen site, unless they've moved things around again

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 12-Aug-19 07:53:43
Print Post

[re: alexatkin] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by alexatkin:
Anyone know what Zen are pricing FTTP? They don't seem to show it on their website.

If I enter an FTTP-available number and address, I get offered:

- Unlimited Full Fibre 1 + Phone line rental (18 month contract): 38/9Mbps: £44.99/month + £55 activation
- Unlimited Full Fibre 2 + Phone line rental (18 month contract): 76/18Mbps: £49.99/month + £55 activation
- Unlimited Full Fibre 3 + Phone line rental (18 month contract): 150/27Mbps: £59.99/month + £55 activation
- Unlimited Full Fibre 4 + Phone line rental (18 month contract): 300/45Mbps: £70.00/month + £55 activation

Includes "free" FRITZ!Box wireless broadband router and delivery.

It also offers the FTTC packages at £31.99 and £38.99, both including line rental and free router, with £19.99 activation on 12 month contract - so significantly cheaper.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 12-Aug-19 08:35:04
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

The first two FTTP prices there look to be internally limited to match the FTTC prices, and also to be connection speeds as opposed to average syncs or throughputs. “Up to/10% achieve” in the case of the FTTC ones.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 12-Aug-19 08:36:48)

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 12-Aug-19 08:58:22
Print Post

I notice that Cerberus have changed their pricing for the high speed tiers: for 500/165 it's now £140 per month (down from £156) but with a £500 installation fee, and 12 month contract.

The drop of £16 per month means it'll take two and a half years to get back the installation fee, but in the long run you're slightly better off.

The pricing for 330/50 is £71.50 per month (without the transition line rental discount), and the discount for the first 3 months has been dropped. So it looks like they've priced 500/165 to be *just* under the cost of two 330/50 services.
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 12-Aug-19 09:06:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The first two FTTP prices there look to be internally limited to match the FTTC prices

I'm not sure what you mean by "internally limited". FTTP 40/10 and 80/20 are standard Openreach wholesale products, just like 165/30 and 330/50. All four of them are limited to their respective speeds at the OLT.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 12-Aug-19 10:43:22
Print Post

Re: Openreach 1 Gig FTTP now 'available' *DELETED*

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Aug-19 11:18:16
Print Post

Sensible decision from Cerberus to charge the £500+ fee separately. AFAIK the £500 fee is a one-off fee from Openreach, therefore it shouldn't be charged again if moving to a different CP on the top tier FTTP services. So under the previous Cerberus amortised pricing, someone could potentially have ended up paying this twice, say if someone migrated from Spectrum 1000/220 to Cerberus 1000/220 service as Spectrum charge the £500+ up front.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 12-Aug-19 11:46:07)

Standard User Mendip
(learned) Mon 12-Aug-19 14:06:55
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Staying on this interesting topic, and this is aimed at the 'Engineers that do'.....

I have a four port ONT with three out of four ports used. I would like to have 1000/220 on one of the ports. Simple so far.

However I have some questions:

a) Will the existing four port ONT remain? Or does this require another ONT?
b) Can the 330/50 and 1000/220 services coexist on the same ONT?
c) Will the single fibre drop line remain? That is, is there a requirement to replace or install an additional fibre drop line? Or is the balance of the work conducted at the exchange for the XGPON component?
d) I guess what I am really asking is, what happens on a 'site visit' for 1000/220 install, when there is already a fully working four port ONT with one spare port?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Mendip.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to