Step By Step Guide
Here is a screen shot
- Browse to the When and Where Page (link above) using Chrome or Firefox. (Other browsers with Developer Consoles may also work but there will be some minor differences).
- Open the Developer Console. In Firefox/Chrome, press F12.
- Select the Network tab, then "XHR" to filter only AJAX requests.
- Type in your landline or postcode and press Search.
- Watch the developer console. You will see the request being made to the API.
- Click the request, which should be the lowest/latest one in the panel. When you click it, all information about the request including the Headers, Cookies and Response data is shown below.
- Click the Response tab. Depending on the browser you are using, you should now see the full JSON response. (JSON is an object notation format commonly used by web languages/platforms to interact with eachother - it is similar to XML but arguably easier to read).
- Scroll to the bottom of the response and you will see the 'dp' key which should contain the number of the Distirbution Point serving the property you selected.
of the window as an example. I have highlighted the key stages.
If you receive a referer error, the Cookie/session has probably timed out. Just reload the "When Can I Get Fibre?" page and you should be good to go.
If you search by postcode first, the first request/response will be to look up the addresses. This can be quite useful as it will return a JSON object containing addresses in the postcode with NAD keys, UPRNs, districts and the address type - i.e. gold, silver, bronze.
100Mbps Ethernet Leased Line (work)
Edited by 512uk (Thu 09-Aug-18 13:01:37)