General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Aug-18 08:33:22
Print Post

Re: Find DP Number via Openreach checker

[re: olicuk] [link to this post]

Six years ago I mapped and scrapped data for all our local cabinets, there were loads of errors, properties connected to cabinets miles away, when there were cabinets much closer, clearly errors. I suspect the database is extremely complex, and at some point was transferred from paper records, so very easy for mistakes to happen.

Standard User olicuk
(regular) Sun 12-Aug-18 09:42:20
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Agreed and I was highlighting that also from my scrape of local data. One of the problems with these errors is that the same dataset is used by ISP systems, and therefore affect what can be ordered (without manual intervention to fix the problem first).

What is unlikely is large scale faults with data, for example meaning that swathes showing as being able to obtain good FTTC, actually can't... which some posters were trying to imply could be the case. And given the tiny cabinet footprint and single multipair cable working its way down the road ducting and being split via DPs at various points, even less likely here.

---------
fibre.everestpark.org.uk | Zen VDSL2 80:20 (~64:20) bqm | Draytek 2860 + Ubiquiti AP + SureSignal + EE Signal Box + Netgear NAS
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Aug-18 09:47:28
Print Post

I helped quite a few people in the early years where they couldn't get FTTC yet their neighbours could, in the majority of cases they were just database errors, and as you say the ISP's use the same data so it was a case of computer says no.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Aug-18 09:54:57
Print Post

Hence why we have our model e.g. in fill cabinets with estimates clearly still from the original cabinet location

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-Aug-18 09:55:34
Print Post

And what we do now

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User partial
(experienced) Sun 12-Aug-18 10:40:15
Print Post

I've always found Openreach records on which property is connected to which cabinet to be extremely accurate and which DP very accurate.
Standard User oliver2222
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-20 14:52:16
Print Post

[re: 512uk] [link to this post]

how do I output the DP number like that so it shows what you can get
Standard User oliver2222
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-20 14:53:03
Print Post

[re: 512uk] [link to this post]

how do I used the DP number like that