General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Robocop_99
(newbie) Wed 30-Jan-19 10:15:07
Print Post

Cabinet stuck on activate.

[link to this post]

Around September last year we finally was moved to in scope and the fibre project started moving forwards. It moved into the activate stage in the middle of December and i contacted Openreach and they said that the estimated project completion date was December. Fast forward to today and it's still stuck on Activate, so near yet so far.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Reading some stories people have posted and they said they was on the activate stage for 6 months. Hoping this will not be the same for us.

Hartington Exchange cabinet 4.
Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Wed 30-Jan-19 10:40:10
Print Post

Re: Cabinet stuck on activate.

[re: Robocop_99] [link to this post]

The cabinet is/was estimated to go live in April 2019.
The middle of December to the end of January is not a long time to be on Activate.

If it's an infill cabinet it can be many months longer than the average cabinet till its live.

Given that the original go live target is/was April 2019 you should hope for April, with anything before being a bonus.
Standard User Robocop_99
(newbie) Wed 30-Jan-19 10:44:27
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Oh how'd you find that information out? When i have looked i can't find that information at all. Weird how Openreach have told me end of December previously. Guess Openreach just replied with a standard reply sort of thing.

Also thank you for the reply.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(experienced) Wed 30-Jan-19 10:46:17
Print Post

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=3...

Scroll down the page to where it shows all the Fibre cabinets on your exchange.
Standard User Robocop_99
(newbie) Thu 11-Apr-19 14:11:48
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Just an update. Noticed Silver lock was fitted on Friday so hopefully it should be soon. Interestingly the code look website had moved from an April launch to March launch but it seems they missed that target window. Fingers crossed we'll be able to order soon, 3Mb is killing me currently.

The estimates on the DSL checker are high 57.9 and 40 low on the clean line. By my estimates I'm 500 metres from the cabinet so i'm guessing it'll be on the lower end but will be happy with anything over 20Mb at the moment.
Standard User Robocop_99
(newbie) Mon 13-May-19 09:36:17
Print Post

Well still no sight of it being activated. I had spoken to openreach on twitter and they said its target is middle of May so here's hoping. However i have noticed on roadworks.org that the ducting that they was cleaning out back in March now has work planned on it to install new ducting that is dated 18 June - 12 August. I really hope that this doesn't mean that the fibre is delayed until then. Anyone have any experience with this before?
Standard User candlerb
(committed) Mon 13-May-19 17:39:45
Print Post

If the duct is congested (doesn't have space to fit another cable) then they have to dig a new duct, and yes that takes time.
Standard User Robocop_99
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 12:18:27
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Yea it would seem that is the issue, work is on-going with the ducting. The road has been closed and can see they have dug and resurfaced a trench. They seem to be moving pretty quick with the laying of it so not sure why the road is closed for a couple of months (Not even been shut for a week yet) time will tell I guess.

Just frustrating that when you get in touch with Openreach the default stance is "It's due for completion in a few weeks" seems that there is a lack of information for the customer service team.

With the road shut until middle of August Iím guessing September at the earliest for it. Seems the cabinet is ready due to the silver lock fitted but Iím guessing with the ducting issue thereís no fibre connected to it currently.
Standard User CHW_BA12
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 16:05:31
Print Post

Road closures are normally booked for longer than they're expected to take to give a contingency.
Don't get too disheartened!
Standard User Robocop_99
(newbie) Mon 24-Jun-19 16:44:22
Print Post

[re: CHW_BA12] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response, hopefully that's the case then.

It will come eventually just have to stop checking as regularly as i do haha smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to