General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-May-19 18:25:51
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD desktop quotes and final prices Part 4

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
In regards to another post querying about FTTPoD needing a phone line, no it's optional.

Not an option since FTTPoD is sold as data only. However not a big deal as you can either continue the existing voice over copper service or cease copper completely and transfer the number to a VOIP service which will cost you just a fraction eg Vonage.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User kitcat
(experienced) Thu 30-May-19 21:01:34
Print Post

[re: Retron] [link to this post]

Retron
Some years back there was a 'competition' within BT for the in-house magazine to find the oldest Poles still in use. There were quite a few spotted over 80 years old and one that was over 90 ( and still climbable!). I think one of our local poles is coming up to 80 but can't find a date on it, some have a date burnt in, it has what I was told is a 1930s spike on the top.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Fri 31-May-19 10:57:37
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Maybe I explained it wrong, but I meant that FTTPoD doesn't need a phone line. I am aware that it's data only.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-May-19 12:05:09
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

Apologies for the misunderstanding frown

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User Alvintc
(newbie) Fri 31-May-19 22:23:47
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Original timeline...

So... Where am I now:
Timeline:
2/10/18 - Requested desktop survey (Cerberus)
18/10/18 - Desktop survey £15,600.00 (ex. VAT)
23/10/18 - Full survey requested
25/1/19 - Quote received: £6,838.37 (+ VAT)
31/5/19 - Waiting for 2 blockages to be cleared. Allegedly happened this week.

My updates from Cerberus are [censored] - each email promises an update on Thursday and sometimes I get an update on Fridays.

In all honesty - I'm completely unenamoured with the wait & wish I'd never started the process.
Standard User dect
(member) Sat 01-Jun-19 08:16:36
Print Post

[re: Alvintc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alvintc:
In all honesty - I'm completely unenamoured with the wait & wish I'd never started the process.
Try to stay positive, the waiting may be difficult now but it will be worth it once the work is fully complete and you've got fttp
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 01-Jun-19 10:46:21
Print Post

Yours seems to be moving along much quicker than most smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Alvintc
(newbie) Mon 03-Jun-19 08:49:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

For me it's the continual slippages (beyond Cerberus' control) but the complete disregard for their own policies.

On every email they put when to expect the next update - and then miss their own imposed deadline every single time.

When challenged they state that BT provides updates late in the day so I might not get my update until another time.

My response of why don't you move your update schedule is simply ignored.

In all honesty the moment I paid the invoice & sales were no longer involved is when everything just went to the "can't be bothered" pile.

I know it'll eventually get installed & @ that point I'm just ticking the time down until contract is up!
Standard User candlerb
(committed) Mon 03-Jun-19 09:24:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Alvintc:
For me it's the continual slippages (beyond Cerberus' control) but the complete disregard for their own policies.

I think you're being unfair.

For my order, they aim for a Thursday update but often it slips to Friday because OpenReach provides the information late. I don't see that as a big deal. If they moved the customer updates to Friday then often they would be delayed unnecessarily. Their policy is that they provide the update shortly after it's received, which I think makes sense.

When you're dealing with a dinosaur like OpenReach, who in turn are dealing with large private construction companies, you do need a big dose of patience. I should know - I'm a week shy of 15 months and still a long way from completion!
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Mon 03-Jun-19 10:19:19
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
I think you're being unfair.

If you wish to retain credibility with your customers, you have a policy and you stick to it. If you have a policy then ignore it, you run the risk that your customers or potential customers start wondering about the validity of the other promises you have made or policies that you say will apply. If you cannot back up your laid down policy with actions that fulfil that policy, you have to re-align your policy to what you can achieve not hand off the blame to someone else in the chain. Your customers are not interested in your problems; they are only concerned about their own problems.
Pages in this thread: << 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to