General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bedrock
(member) Sun 17-Mar-19 18:31:36
Print Post

KCI2 Assure

[link to this post]

Just checking the BT wholesale checker and noticed 'KCI2 Assure' is now being displayed for WBC FTTP Install Process. When I ordered FTTP my line was showing Stage 1, since it has been installed it has been changed to Stage 2 and is now displayed KCI2 Assure. Any ideas?

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Mar-19 19:14:09
Print Post

Re: KCI2 Assure

[re: bedrock] [link to this post]

A Google search reveals this page than has KCI2 listed along with others

https://www.rainbowcomms.com/glossary/

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Aug-19 12:12:59
Print Post

I'm also seeing 'KCI2' instead of '2 stage' on the checker. i have blown fibre to the external CSP so its definitely a 2 stage install. Weird....
(not that it makes a difference to the actual service)
https://i.postimg.cc/4xB5t1bF/BT-checker.jpg

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Aug-19 14:52:22
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Same with ours, its been there for a little while now.

18.3 KCI overview – Fulfilment
KCIs indicate key milestones during the progression of a WBC order. The following KCIs are supported:
• KCI1 = Acknowledged - an order line is being progressed.
• KCI2 = Committed - a CPD has been calculated
• KCI3 = Completed - an order line has been fulfilled.

18.4 Key KCI Data – Fulfilment
• The 'Rejected' response will contain the CPs Order Reference and error details.
• The 'Pending' response will contain the customer's Order Reference and Order ID.
• All KCIs will contain Order ID, Order Line ID, and customer's Order. Reference and customer's Order Line Reference to identify order and order line.
• The 'Acknowledged' KCI will also contain Service ID and Customer Delivery Date (CDD).
• The 'Committed' KCI will also contain Customer Promised Date (CPD).
• The 'Completed' KCI will also contain Service Completion Date (SCD).
• WBC FTTC specific data will be included in KCIs as required. This includes the addition of appointment related information in the Committed KCI

But from what I have read, I think its to do with the survey etc, but might be wrong.

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Thu 01-Aug-19 20:26:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by bedrock:
Just checking the BT wholesale checker and noticed 'KCI2 Assure' is now being displayed for WBC FTTP Install Process. When I ordered FTTP my line was showing Stage 1, since it has been installed it has been changed to Stage 2 and is now displayed KCI2 Assure. Any ideas?

That’s not usually visible to consumers but I reckon these are the KCIs that Openreach issue to the CPs as the order progresses. KCI3 is the final one, when a guaranteed delivery date is given to the CP. That’s also where the final estimates are shown for the duration of any work needed.

A KCI2 would usually include things like Excess Construction Charges that need to be agreed before the order can progress.

Icaras
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Thu 01-Aug-19 20:42:30
Print Post

[re: Icaras] [link to this post]

But why would KCI2 show up for a live/active FTTP line which was installed years ago, as is the case for me & PaulKirby? For the last 2 years or so (ever since FTTPoD went live), its always been '2 stage' as 'FTTP Install process' for me, so I'm intrigued to know what's changed all of a sudden wrt install process.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User gary333
(member) Thu 01-Aug-19 21:21:08
Print Post

It looks like even businesses that have access to WBC FTTP show the same message regardless of whether they have FTTP or not.
First one is everyones favourite outsourcer that doesn't have FTTP (well not BT's anyway)
Second one is the company next door that does have FTTP

Both show KCI2 Assure

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgouY8zwvudXhfFwfTR6Hi2ajyZCnA?e...
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 01-Aug-19 22:19:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
But why would KCI2 show up for a live/active FTTP line which was installed years ago, as is the case for me & PaulKirby? For the last 2 years or so (ever since FTTPoD went live), its always been '2 stage' as 'FTTP Install process' for me, so I'm intrigued to know what's changed all of a sudden wrt install process.

It shouldn't in reality as it would be giving away information to the public, which should remain private.If you have excess charges, would you really want to splash that around on a Database, yes i know the Fttpod does talk about excess charges that thats the clients themselves talking about it.
Standard User Blmcg
(regular) Thu 01-Aug-19 23:04:49
Print Post

This is a marker to indicate what delivery process an order will go though and is provided to us (CPs) by Openreach.

KCI2 is the stage at which a committed date for delivery is agreed, barring any unforeseen issues.

Normally we get a KCI2 for FTTC or simple FTTP installations within a few minutes or hours of placing an order, since this can easily be calculated based on enough information being known about how to deliver, and so it's just down to engineering appointment resource.

Due to the vast variation in the different requirements in delivering FTTP to a given premise, Openreach needed a process where they would take the order to KCI1, and start the pre-work to bring the fibre to the edge of the premise. Doing this helps identify any issues and ultimately provide a more accurate/realistic KCI2 date.

This is why KCI2 Assure exists, it's purpose is to simply provide greater assurance of an accurate KCI2 date, having had an engineer taken a look and started to deliver the external lead in to the premise, with as much of the identifiable dependencies factored in.

Think of it as 2-stage, but the agreed date isn't given until after the lead in has been at least attempted. This occurs within 5 working days of order placement, to work out if it's simple or might need 2 weeks of work to unblock a duct for example, which can then be factored into the date.

Most of the time it's a case that the lead in was easily doable in the 5 day window, so the internal visit can then be booked at the first available engineering slot following.

For those concerned, it doesn't really mean it's any more likely to hit the ECC threshold than a regular 2-stage, that's still extremely rare. It does mean you're less likely to have failed installation appointments.

Hope that reassures!

Blair McGregor
Network Architect - Syscomm

Edited by Blmcg (Thu 01-Aug-19 23:07:26)

Standard User bedrock
(member) Fri 02-Aug-19 08:40:23
Print Post

My line is WBC FTTP and has been active nearly a year now.

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
Standard User dect
(committed) Fri 02-Aug-19 12:45:40
Print Post

[re: Blmcg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Blmcg:
This is a marker to indicate what delivery process an order will go though and is provided to us (CPs) by Openreach.

KCI2 is the stage at which a committed date for delivery is agreed, barring any unforeseen issues.

Normally we get a KCI2 for FTTC or simple FTTP installations within a few minutes or hours of placing an order, since this can easily be calculated based on enough information being known about how to deliver, and so it's just down to engineering appointment resource.

Due to the vast variation in the different requirements in delivering FTTP to a given premise, Openreach needed a process where they would take the order to KCI1, and start the pre-work to bring the fibre to the edge of the premise. Doing this helps identify any issues and ultimately provide a more accurate/realistic KCI2 date.

This is why KCI2 Assure exists, it's purpose is to simply provide greater assurance of an accurate KCI2 date, having had an engineer taken a look and started to deliver the external lead in to the premise, with as much of the identifiable dependencies factored in.

Think of it as 2-stage, but the agreed date isn't given until after the lead in has been at least attempted. This occurs within 5 working days of order placement, to work out if it's simple or might need 2 weeks of work to unblock a duct for example, which can then be factored into the date.

Most of the time it's a case that the lead in was easily doable in the 5 day window, so the internal visit can then be booked at the first available engineering slot following.

For those concerned, it doesn't really mean it's any more likely to hit the ECC threshold than a regular 2-stage, that's still extremely rare. It does mean you're less likely to have failed installation appointments.

Hope that reassures!
Very informative, thank you
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to