General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sun 31-Mar-19 18:28:14
Print Post

Re: Is this pole equipment an indicator of FTTP?

[re: Jake4] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jake4:
Check https://roadworks.org and set it to display the next 12 months worth of work (Only really 2 weeks max in advance will be added there by then).

You won't see much listed for FTTP unless they need to close off roads to do work or to dig up stuff etc.
Its the same with their Where and when page, FTTP only uses stage 2 (In Scope) and 8 (Ultrafast Accepting orders), so you may see nothing moving when at stage 2 then all of a sudden it jumps to stage 8 where you "should" be able to order.

In reply to a post by Jake4:
Also, you could DM @OpenreachHelp about it (they confirmed FTTP will be rolled out into my area around Jan 2020) but it could be earlier since they've been at the bottom of my road pulling through Fibre for the past month.

Yeah always chat with them when I am checking fibre status for friends, they are a friendly chatty bunch smile

Paul

Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Sun 31-Mar-19 19:33:57
Print Post

[re: gstow] [link to this post]

Yes, its part of the native FTTP build covering your location
Standard User kebabselector
(committed) Sun 31-Mar-19 23:58:19
Print Post

There's a few of them dangling off poles in my area of Birmingham which is getting FTTP. Most of the poles locally have the fibre connections in place (mine hopefully soon as they've just updated the ducting).

Zen: 77mb down - 20mb up
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gstow
(newbie) Mon 15-Apr-19 13:14:34
Print Post

Equipment has had further work

Looking good.. would be interested in knowing how long it typically takes before I can order and how long activation would take?

smile

Dog Ears.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 15-Apr-19 14:20:27
Print Post

How long is the piece of string?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gstow
(newbie) Mon 15-Apr-19 14:54:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Lets hope it's short..! i'll let you know

Dog Ears.
Standard User zebb_edi
(newbie) Tue 16-Apr-19 15:51:05
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Hi,

We have one of these on a pole nearby with a CBT above it too on the outskirts of a group of 35 houses. 3 houses close to it can already get FTTP. The other houses are all within 400m of it.

In theory if Openreach ever extended FTTP to the remaining 35 houses would they only have to cable from that 'track node' to build out more CBT's on to the remaining poles to serve the other houses or could it still involve running cable back to the nearest aggregation node? Or impossible to say?

Just wondering how that black dome allows their network to be expanded? Or have I misunderstood and it doesn't act as a splitter of any kind?

Cheers
Standard User Icaras
(experienced) Tue 16-Apr-19 17:57:56
Print Post

[re: zebb_edi] [link to this post]

Zarjaz has worked on FTTP longer than me but I think that splitter can serve 32 customers. So presumably they can just keep building our CBTs from it until they reach that limit.

But alas, I may have forgotten that bit of the training!

Icaras
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Apr-19 20:12:08
Print Post

[re: zebb_edi] [link to this post]

Whilst impossible to say for your specific question.

The ‘black dome’ will have XX amount of fibres in a bundle to it, from they might all just be spliced straight though to a similar bundle going on ... or maybe it drops off 4/8/12 to feed a CBT somewhere.

Or maybe these fibres sit before a splitter node .... impossible to tell.

Standard User knighton
(member) Wed 17-Apr-19 11:10:31
Print Post

We have had items identical to those you have posted in place with Fibre linking them for the last 12 months. Currently there are no plans to connect to the Fibre spine as its deemed too costly by the local Superfast team after OR identified a dramatic increase in their costs.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to