General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nemodog
(newbie) Wed 24-Apr-19 20:02:19
Print Post

slight freezes in game play and coms

[link to this post]

hi been experiencing lots of split second freezes and lag while playing games. also while talking on teamspeak and xbox chat. contacted bt when noticing my cables from my house to the ploe in the street are touching electric cable from neighboring houses. the engineer came out and changed the box on the pole and new cable from pole to the house plus new mk4 box in the house. everything was fine until a couple of days ago when the freezes and lag started again. changed adsl cable ethernet cable and swapped router for a while just to see if it was anything simple. still getting these problems. noticed the cables from the house to the pole are still touching electric cables could this be the cause .????
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Apr-19 20:14:49
Print Post

Re: slight freezes in game play and coms

[re: nemodog] [link to this post]

The engineer shouldn’t/wouldn’t have touched your line at all if it was in contact with overhead electric cables. Is it possible that they just appear to be touching when viewed from the ground ?

They are however both insulated cables, and I doubt that this was the cause.

Are these issues apparent on other devices ? So does something streaming stutter too ?

Standard User nemodog
(newbie) Wed 24-Apr-19 20:35:04
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

they brought along a lifter for the engineer to change the cable. he must have connected the new to the old then dragged them through.when the original engineer came he did a test by attaching his equipment to my line then hit it with a carbon pole. which bought up thousands of errors.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 24-Apr-19 20:44:57
Print Post

[re: nemodog] [link to this post]

Fair enough ... was the fixing at either end adjusted/resited to preserve a larger space ?

Standard User nemodog
(newbie) Wed 24-Apr-19 21:02:27
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

yea new bracket on the wall of the house and another black box. plus engineer said box on the pole on the street was 1960s. it all started 1 weekend during high winds. but its most days now.thinking of ringing bt again but know ill just get line tests and stuff. my download speed as increased by 10-15 meg but its just the split second lags that killing me
  Print Thread

Jump to