General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Sep-20 16:13:11
Print Post

Re: Exmouth 1Gb Fibre Network(New website with packages)

[re: Susa] [link to this post]

If BT and the Post Office broadbands are available, so are a hundred or so others.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Standard User mrbaba
(learned) Wed 21-Oct-20 10:13:39
Print Post

Re: Exmouth 1Gb Fibre Network

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

I've heard back from Jurassic, we can place an order with them now.
They've given an early November install date, so I'll report back with how it goes/speeds/ping/using a 3rd party router etc. when the time comes.

Rather looking forward to the faster speeds now.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Oct-20 22:33:54
Print Post

So wasn't in Phase 1 plans and I've been informed I'm not in their current plans(Phase 2) despite being in central Exmouth and around 100m outside Phase 1 rollout. It sounds like I'm not ever getting fibre from Jurassic. I wonder how much of Exmouth they've really covered?

Hope BT come to the rescue with their rollut ... mad

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Oct-20 00:18:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:
So wasn't in Phase 1 plans and I've been informed I'm not in their current plans(Phase 2) despite being in central Exmouth and around 100m outside Phase 1 rollout. It sounds like I'm not ever getting fibre from Jurassic. I wonder how much of Exmouth they've really covered?

Jurassic were never, and I doubt will ever, cover 100% of places. That wasn't ever going to happen.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 23-Oct-20 00:43:01
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

Jurassic were never, and I doubt will ever, cover 100% of places. That wasn't ever going to happen.

I didn't claim that, I said I was the middle of Exmouth a mere 100m from Phase 1 rollout i.e. very close to their network. Further down my street can get it, I can't, so I'm justified in feeling annoyed especially as they previously suggested I would be included in Phase 2.

Edited by Spud2003 (Fri 23-Oct-20 00:43:41)

Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Oct-20 02:33:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spud2003:

I didn't claim that, I said I was the middle of Exmouth a mere 100m from Phase 1 rollout i.e. very close to their network. Further down my street can get it, I can't, so I'm justified in feeling annoyed especially as they previously suggested I would be included in Phase 2.

I'm not suggesting you can't feel annoyed - you absolutely can, but I would say they - and anyone else - building infrastructure will find it isn't so trivial to do, and sometimes things that seem easy, turn out not to be - or just prohibitively expensive and sometimes serving a small number of properties could cost a fortune to do for some reason and make it unviable, and then you get caught in that and miss out.
Standard User mrbaba
(learned) Thu 12-Nov-20 11:07:13
Print Post

I would be annoyed if they'd said you're in either phase 1 or 2 and then told you're not.

There's been a delay with my install, not sure when they'll be doing it at the moment.
I'm hoping for before Christmas, but it's probably January at this stage.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to