General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Tue 22-Oct-19 18:10:42
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

Another nice surprise today, Open Reach have completed the digging and I have fibre to the end of my road! Three weeks ahead of schedule. There's about 400m still to go. I'm beginning to believe this could be hooked up before Xmas.

https://imgur.com/gYe11iS
https://imgur.com/k1lIORe

Most of the lines were already on this pole including the one heading underground. I think that's where my fibre is heading next.

Edited by darren_mccoy (Tue 22-Oct-19 18:15:28)

Standard User busterboy
(member) Tue 22-Oct-19 18:53:29
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by darren_mccoy:
Another nice surprise today, Open Reach have completed the digging and I have fibre to the end of my road! Three weeks ahead of schedule. There's about 400m still to go. I'm beginning to believe this could be hooked up before Xmas.

https://imgur.com/gYe11iS
https://imgur.com/k1lIORe

Most of the lines were already on this pole including the one heading underground. I think that's where my fibre is heading next.

I really do wish you well Darren and hope you are connected by xmas but this fibre has been hanging outside my home for over 6 months now and still hanging exactly the same today.

https://imgur.com/DIWLvlY

Fingers crossed for both of us but my hopes have been shattered so many times I try to forget about it now. frown

BTBroadband
Standard User Alucidnation
(member) Tue 22-Oct-19 21:08:38
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

Just out of interest, I am looking at getting back into this next and was talking to a friend of mine who lives just up the road from me and he is able to order 1000 connection where I can only order 330.

We are both on the same cabinet and as far as I am aware, both would be from the same node.

Any reason why this would be?

Thanks

Draytek 2862.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(committed) Tue 22-Oct-19 22:30:23
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alucidnation:
We are both on the same cabinet and as far as I am aware, both would be from the same node.
I'm sure you're aware FTTP doesn't go via a street cabinet (I only say this as others will).

Secondly you say you're on the same node do you mean agg node or same 32 way splitter node? I am only an amateur but would think that if you're on the same 32 way splitter node as your friend then you would be on the fibre to the exchange as your friend so would be on the same OLT as your friend and should be able to get the same max speed as your friend but that's not the case if your just on the same agg node as you may then be on a different OLT and max speed may be different for those OLT's

Caveat: I may be talking garbage.

Edit: If I'm wrong hopefully an expert will correct me. Those pretending to be experts need not apply smile

Edited by dect (Tue 22-Oct-19 22:39:55)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 22-Oct-19 22:40:21
Print Post

Probably a database error for your friends address as BT Wholesale donít sell anything above 330/30 on FTTPoD.

TN FTTP(oD) 330/50 -- 4+2 ONT -- Netgear RAX200
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Tue 22-Oct-19 22:49:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by Alucidnation:
Just out of interest, I am looking at getting back into this next and was talking to a friend of mine who lives just up the road from me and he is able to order 1000 connection where I can only order 330.

When database records are being updated, they are changed from 330/30 to 1000/220 (unless on Huawei kit). Probably just means your friend's database record was updated for some other reason.

In practice it's difficult to get 1000/220 on FTTPoD. Unless you really want to pay through the nose, you're better off just taking 330/30 for a year and then upgrading. (Cerberus will let you order FTTPoD and then reprovision it as 500/165 or 1000/220 immediately after installation, but there's a £1000 setup charge as opposed to the normal £500)
Standard User dect
(committed) Wed 23-Oct-19 09:30:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by busterboy:
this fibre has been hanging outside my home for over 6 months now and still hanging exactly the same today.
Hi Tim, Is your FTTP deployment through BDUK? if so have you given the local county team a call to see what's happening and what's causing this delay?
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Wed 23-Oct-19 10:18:29
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
(Cerberus will let you order FTTPoD and then reprovision it as 500/165 or 1000/220 immediately after installation, but there's a £1000 setup charge as opposed to the normal £500)

Hi,
Just a question, as this part of your message caught my attention.

I've had FTTPoD for probably, hmm, at a guess I'd say around 6 months, are you saying that if I had asked for a higher speed tier at the beginning of the FTTPoD contract they would've done so? If so, what about the monthly pricing for FTTPoD, would I have had to pay that off first or would they simply have combined it with my monthly cost for the higher speed tier? Reason I ask is I'd like to get 330/50 but don't want to end up effectively paying for FTTPoD's 330/30 in full for the remainder of the term while also paying for FTTP 330/50.
Standard User busterboy
(member) Wed 23-Oct-19 11:28:11
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
Hi Tim, Is your FTTP deployment through BDUK? if so have you given the local county team a call to see what's happening and what's causing this delay?

Hello dect, this was the last email I got from Openreach on 22nd August.

Superfast North Yorkshire is who have had a government grant to get us so far.

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:59 PM

To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cc: [email protected] ; [email protected]

Subject: C9166799 - FTTP Availability

Hello Mr Procter,

Sorry for not getting back to you. Iím still awaiting a further update from the delivery manager on the ongoing traffic management issues that are affecting the spine cable. Sadly there have been many issues with getting the spine cable to the area. There have been more than the normal issues with this spine which is over 2.5km in length.

I have escalated this with the delivery team again this afternoon and as soon as I have a reply I will update you on the current position. I wish I had more information to give you.

Kind regards
Richard

And another.

Hello Mr Procter,

Just had another update. I have now been advise that the spine has now been fully cabled. Jointers will now be at the various work points splicing the fibre cables between now and the end of August. Once all the splicing has been completed the fibre network will need to be completed and then tested to ensure light is getting all the distribution points, when testing has been completed the network will be commissioned.

I suspect itís likely to be at least September before all this has been done and you will be able to place an order. I will continue to monitor and update you as soon as I get any more information.

Iím genuinely sorry for the delay on this project, but looks like it is finally nearing the end. Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards

Richard

BTBroadband

Edited by busterboy (Wed 23-Oct-19 12:46:41)

Standard User Ixel
(committed) Wed 23-Oct-19 11:58:55
Print Post

You might want to omit your email address from that snippet.
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to