General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Wed 23-Oct-19 20:47:40
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
In reply to a post by candlerb:
(Cerberus will let you order FTTPoD and then reprovision it as 500/165 or 1000/220 immediately after installation, but there's a £1000 setup charge as opposed to the normal £500)

Hi,
Just a question, as this part of your message caught my attention.

I've had FTTPoD for probably, hmm, at a guess I'd say around 6 months, are you saying that if I had asked for a higher speed tier at the beginning of the FTTPoD contract they would've done so? If so, what about the monthly pricing for FTTPoD, would I have had to pay that off first or would they simply have combined it with my monthly cost for the higher speed tier? Reason I ask is I'd like to get 330/50 but don't want to end up effectively paying for FTTPoD's 330/30 in full for the remainder of the term while also paying for FTTP 330/50.

Like you, I was interested in upgrading to 330/50, but I was told that was not possible(*).

The reason I asked was because I saw this in the contract:

5.10. Where available, FTTPoD Services may be upgraded to a higher speed Service within the Minimum Term at the discretion of Cerberus.

Apparently that's because BTE allows in-contract upgrades of FTTPoD to 500/165 and 1000/220 (with a £1000 setup fee), but not to 330/50.

Anyway - better for you to wait another 6 months, then regrade to the 330/50 service - which will reduce your monthly charge too.

(*) Now I have FTTP, I could just take a *second* service at 330/50, but that would be a waste.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Wed 23-Oct-19 22:51:28
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I see, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunate but understandable. I will indeed wait, as the current tiers (500/165 and 1000/220) are in my opinion a bit overpriced. I'm looking forward to see what the upcoming FTTP tiers are priced at next year, if they end up becoming available.
Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Wed 06-Nov-19 10:57:10
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

I was out for a walk and noticed rolls of fibre on the ground. They seem to have pulled it through some under ground section. My original copper cable come up from the ground here too. Just 100m to go all along my original phone line poles.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wf3qeKg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Wed 06-Nov-19 14:15:36
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

I just got an email today, splicing should be complete by the 8/11 and then comissioning should start. Is splicing joining up the cable into one piece?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Nov-19 14:36:52
Print Post

Splicing is connecting together two ends of fibre allowing the light to pass through.

Standard User steve14
(learned) Wed 06-Nov-19 14:47:38
Print Post

What are the best case scenario price wise for FTTPoD? I'm moving to a new house and it's very close to a FTTC cabinet and it has a 3 manhole cover next to it. I've been told there is a good chance of an aggregation node being there if it's a 3 manhole cover (is this true?).
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Wed 06-Nov-19 14:50:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by darren_mccoy:
I just got an email today, splicing should be complete by the 8/11

That's good news. I am told audit and commissioning normally takes a couple of weeks - although mine took nearly 5, and the installation appointment was another week after that.
Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 06-Nov-19 15:03:34
Print Post

[re: steve14] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by steve14:
What are the best case scenario price wise for FTTPoD? I'm moving to a new house and it's very close to a FTTC cabinet and it has a 3 manhole cover next to it. I've been told there is a good chance of an aggregation node being there if it's a 3 manhole cover (is this true?).
You really need to get a free desktop quote as anything else would be purely a guess and the distance given in the quote may also help a little with the second part of your question.
Standard User steve14
(learned) Wed 06-Nov-19 15:58:18
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info, where can I get a free desktop quote?
Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 06-Nov-19 16:15:37
Print Post

[re: steve14] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by steve14:
where can I get a free desktop quote?
Most people have used Cerberus, although there are other companies who do FTTPoD
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | [24] | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to