General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Nov-19 16:17:53
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: steve14] [link to this post]

I've been told there is a good chance of an aggregation node being there if it's a 3 manhole cover (is this true?).

Not so, if you look many/most PCP's have a three lidded box [JF10] associated with them ..... mine does, but the aggregation node isn't in there.

Do as suggested and get the quote.

Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 06-Nov-19 16:25:58
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
a three lidded box [JF10]
Hi Zarjaz, have you ever come across an aggregation node in anything other that a JF10, for example a JMF106?
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Nov-19 17:54:53
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

Splitter nodes I have seen in boxes down to a JF2, and the green ‘things’ on poles, but the size of the splitters varies .....

The couple of agg nodes I have come across have always been the larger cylindrical type*, and always been in a 6, a 10, or a larger JRC.

but as experience shows, there seems no hard and fast rules for such things.

*before anyone else says it, yes, I know the picture is of a splitter node.

Edited by Zarjaz (Wed 06-Nov-19 17:58:44)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(experienced) Thu 07-Nov-19 13:57:40
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Joint Box Key No 4 may come in handy wink

Edit: This was a joke before anyone thinks I'm serious, standard procedures including gas tests should always be followed and only by authorised people.

Edited by dect (Thu 07-Nov-19 14:13:14)

Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Wed 13-Nov-19 12:21:51
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

OR completed some more work yesterday. The fibre is about 15 feet from my house now. Fingers crossed for an early Xmas gift!
Standard User Disca
(learned) Mon 18-Nov-19 18:08:00
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

OpenReach came to make everything live on my install today. Installed (extremely neat install), didn't bother with the battery backup unit (was offered it) or the big white box that holds the ONT. Solid green light on the ONT but sadly authentication errors all day so can't actually connect to test it. Cerberus have said that OpenReach have left the order open rather than closing it off so I have to just wait until that is resolved now.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow maybe.
Standard User F00tS0re
(member) Tue 19-Nov-19 17:01:23
Print Post

[re: Disca] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Disca:
OpenReach came to make everything live on my install today. Installed (extremely neat install), didn't bother with the battery backup unit (was offered it) or the big white box that holds the ONT. Solid green light on the ONT but sadly authentication errors all day so can't actually connect to test it. Cerberus have said that OpenReach have left the order open rather than closing it off so I have to just wait until that is resolved now.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow maybe.

They seem to have to update something at Openreach end prior to coming live. Do you have all the connection details from Cerberus?

It looks very promising for this week though. Soon all the internet will be yours!
Standard User Disca
(learned) Wed 20-Nov-19 12:06:45
Print Post

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

Still not working. Cerberus think its related to OpenReach not closing the job off.

The circuit is live, but I'm just not correctly linked through to Cerberus. I can even "see" the Open Reach infrastucture via a PPPoE scan so I know the circuit works. I think its just not correctly linked up to Cerberus.

End of the day, its taken 9 months to get here so a few more days doesnt really matter. Not long to go!
Standard User Disca
(learned) Thu 21-Nov-19 10:36:59
Print Post

Finally, its live https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15743315832...

For reference:
Desktop Quote submitted 8/2/2019, received 21/2/2019 £22,300 ex VAT
Field survey 21/2/2019, received 29/5/2019 (there was an OpenReach backlog/delay so in submitting the order involved here). Confirmed @ £9863 ex VAT or £7779.67 ex VAT after the voucher.
Order paid for 4/6/2019, Live 21/11/2019

1 snag I'm aware of on the order, blocked duct. Other than that I dont presume that my delays would be any different to anyone elses. Tree pruning etc etc. I live in a normal built up area with ~30Mbps FTTC present but I'm right at the distance where the FTTC line is periodically unstable and with interleaving permanently on. Eventually annoyed me enough to get FTTPoD.

So ~9 months from initial email to delivery or ~5 months from actual payment to delivery.

Cerberus, especially Aneta in the provisioning dept has been very good. Decent weekly updates throughout and dilligent chasing of the order towards the end. For reference the updates frequently appeared to be out of date once OpenReach had sent them to Cerberus, maybe like 1-2 weeks behind reality. I.e a van would turn up and do something and you wouldnt see it reflected in the updates until the next week etc.

Edited by Disca (Thu 21-Nov-19 10:37:43)

Standard User slimj
(member) Thu 21-Nov-19 11:10:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by Disca:
Finally, its live https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15743315832...

For reference:
Desktop Quote submitted 8/2/2019, received 21/2/2019 £22,300 ex VAT
Field survey 21/2/2019, received 29/5/2019 (there was an OpenReach backlog/delay so in submitting the order involved here). Confirmed @ £9863 ex VAT or £7779.67 ex VAT after the voucher.
Order paid for 4/6/2019, Live 21/11/2019

1 snag I'm aware of on the order, blocked duct. Other than that I dont presume that my delays would be any different to anyone elses. Tree pruning etc etc. I live in a normal built up area with ~30Mbps FTTC present but I'm right at the distance where the FTTC line is periodically unstable and with interleaving permanently on. Eventually annoyed me enough to get FTTPoD.

So ~9 months from initial email to delivery or ~5 months from actual payment to delivery.

Cerberus, especially Aneta in the provisioning dept has been very good. Decent weekly updates throughout and dilligent chasing of the order towards the end. For reference the updates frequently appeared to be out of date once OpenReach had sent them to Cerberus, maybe like 1-2 weeks behind reality. I.e a van would turn up and do something and you wouldnt see it reflected in the updates until the next week etc.

Congrats! Quite a reduction in quotation!

Where are you based? I'm in Kent so I presume I could potentially get £2500 towards installation (Kent Top Up Voucher) somehow.

I'm tempted to get a quotation as all ducts will be clear as fibre cabling was run past my DP, equipment such as Track Joints are already in place with one on my pole, so unless there is spare capacity already in place they would only need to run some additional cabling and add a CBT to my pole.

May be worth querying with Openreach beforehand to see if there's spare capacity available and what plans are for us in the near future? I'd be shocked if they hadn't given our little area some consideration during planning/install...
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | [25] | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to