General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | [27] | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Mon 25-Nov-19 11:03:11
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: Disca] [link to this post]

What kind of router do Cerberus provide you? Can you tell me the model number?
Standard User brookheather
(member) Mon 25-Nov-19 13:25:58
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by darren_mccoy:
What kind of router do Cerberus provide you? Can you tell me the model number?

They don't provide a free router - you can buy one from them but you're probably best buying your own.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 25-Nov-19 16:09:36
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

They don't provide a free router with FTTPoD - although they do with normal FTTP. Their site says the one they provide is Zyxel VMG3925.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User brookheather
(member) Tue 26-Nov-19 09:13:43
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

FYI - Cerberus are finally changing from /64 to /56 for IPv6:

Posted 25-11-2019 11:35:43
We will be performing Broadband infrastructure changes for IPv6 prefix assignment from default /64 to /56 prefix for all broadband users hence it would result change of IPv6 schema for users who is using /64 prefix list currently. There won't be any change on IPv4 address and it would remain same.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Tue 26-Nov-19 13:39:26
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brookheather:
Posted 25-11-2019 11:35:43
We will be performing Broadband infrastructure changes for IPv6 prefix assignment from default /64 to /56 prefix for all broadband users hence it would result change of IPv6 schema for users who is using /64 prefix list currently. There won't be any change on IPv4 address and it would remain same.

Thank you for posting this.

Cerberus changed my original /56 allocation to a new one on 12th October, without any advance notification, which was a real pain. Good to see they are telling people this time.
Standard User E300
(newbie) Fri 06-Dec-19 18:07:44
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Been a while since I posted a progress report, and still waiting for FTTP to be connected. What a frustrating process. As a recap I placed my order on the 1 June, an 8-way connectorised block has been in the DP since around mid-August.

Weeks pass with not much happening. Had a 4 week delay to clear a blockage between me and the DP, but Openreach came out and decided it was still blocked, 5 extra weeks of waiting Openreach arrange to turn up to meet with the sub-contractor at the same time to sort it out, only there was no second blockage and within minutes fibre was pulled through and they had gone.

It has taken since the 4th November (when the fibre was pulled through) to the 28 November for commissioning to be completed. Why that could not have happened concurrently in the 9 weeks it took to sort out the blockage and one phantom blockage between me and the DP I really don't know. On the 28 November the dslchecker went to FTTP available, 1 stage install, with a note that it was underground proven clear, and I thought at last, the next bit should be quick, after all it's just like a native FTTP install now and I've got fibre cable there and waiting.

A week later still no install date even after Cerberus chased for me. Today my update from Cerberus is that for some reason Openreach's system has cancelled the FTTP on demand order, and they asked Cerberus to place it again. It now sounds like I'm at the beginning of an FTTP on Demand order process, but I've been told the FOD team is going to expedite the status change to get it back to where it was (nice of them), so I expect that is another week of delay or more for them to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if I do get an appointment but itís a surveyor calling me to come and visit to survey for a quote!

What I don't understand is why it takes a week and counting for someone to type into their scheduling system to get and book an install date? I also fail to believe their computer system just randomly decides all by itself to cancel an order. Just sounds like delay tactics to me because they don't have any resources for months. The cancelling and re-ordering to a cynic like me is probably some internal cheat to achieve some performance target.

I wish my neighbours were ready to order FTTP (in contracts currently), as I wonder if they ordered with an ISP of their choice would they have the same delays in waiting for an appointment and installation?

My expectations now are this is not going to get completed this year, for a moment I thought it might be done before year end, but now all the stuff about cancelled orders and new orders at the wrong status, I can't see it happening until January or February.

I'll come back once its live smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Dec-19 18:23:23
Print Post

Is it possible your area has now been scheduled for native FTTP?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Fri 06-Dec-19 19:38:39
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Na, E300's experience is representative of FTTPoD. At least, it matches mine except his will only take about half as long smile Orders stuck in systems, cancellations and resubmissions to get them through - all par for the course.
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Dec-19 18:22:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
On the 28 November the dslchecker went to FTTP available, 1 stage install, with a note that it was underground proven clear, and I thought at last, the next bit should be quick, after all it's just like a native FTTP install now and I've got fibre cable there and waiting.

If the checker is showing as native FTTP available, I'd be tempted to say leave the ordered cancelled and order native FTTP. Mind you I suppose you've already paid the money.

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Sat 07-Dec-19 19:02:10
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
If the checker is showing as native FTTP available, I'd be tempted to say leave the ordered cancelled and order native FTTP. Mind you I suppose you've already paid the money.

I don't think you want to do that. If as a customer you cancel FTTPoD before it's delivered, you forfeit the entire sum paid and no FTTP service will be provided.
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | [27] | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to