General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Sat 07-Dec-19 19:23:37
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Hi

The checker is only showing native FTTP now as the poster has paid for fibre to be installed on demand, once it is installed and commissioned then the checkers show it as available for everyone enabled on that distribution point, it doesn't matter how it got there it looks the same as a native deployment. For everyone else on the enabled DP, they can order FTTP no differently than any Openreach native deployment of fibre.

The poster could cancel the order but would have already paid and would get no refund, so would gain nothing, plus would likely have to pay Cerberus a years worth of broadband costs as you typically sign up to them for 12 months at a higher rate than usual.

Regards

Phil
Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Dec-19 21:06:06
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Hence my last sentence.

Standard User R0NSKI
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Dec-19 14:01:12
Print Post

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

Actually thinking about it, it was OR that cancelled the order not the person that ordered it, that would put a different spin on it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User LordVader
(member) Mon 09-Dec-19 10:19:37
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LordVader:
Well a check over on the openreach fiber checker past few days it showing

"Faster and more reliable fibre is coming to your area soon" again

Not sure what to do really

Well finally decided today to pay the £250 to Cerberus and get a proper install survey done.

Desktop was
Estimated Build Cost: £6,800.00 ex VAT
aggregation node serving your premises is 400 - 599m
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 09-Dec-19 10:32:45
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by LordVader:
Well finally decided today to pay the £250 to Cerberus and get a proper install survey done.

Desktop was
Estimated Build Cost: £6,800.00 ex VAT
aggregation node serving your premises is 400 - 599m

If fibre really is coming to your area in the next few months, they may just cancel the FTTPoD order (this happened to forum user Boxst)

In any case, if your quote comes in at 50%, and if you can get a government gigabit voucher, then it's not going to cost too much anyway smile
Standard User E300
(newbie) Thu 12-Dec-19 18:39:57
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

So now at 2 weeks since the dslchecker went live with 'FTTP stage 1 install', and still nothing from Cerberus on when the appointment will be to install the ONT and put the service live. I don't even know if the order has been sorted out on Openreach systems after Openreach cancelled it somehow in error. I've had a coil of fibre optic cable outside the house for 5 weeks now, it's just where they left it sitting on the ground getting wet and dirty.

How long did others wait after the dslchecker went live with FTTP to get an appointment and it installed?
Standard User E300
(newbie) Thu 12-Dec-19 18:42:38
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No there is no native FTTP happening here, not in any of the Fibre First locations, or close by.

The order seems to have just been cancelled by Openreach for no apparent reason.
Standard User E300
(newbie) Thu 12-Dec-19 18:50:26
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
If the checker is showing as native FTTP available, I'd be tempted to say leave the ordered cancelled and order native FTTP. Mind you I suppose you've already paid the money.

Thanks for your reply. It's only native FTTP now that the FTTP on Demand part is completed, perhaps I used the wrong term 'native'. What I meant by that is as far as any ISP is concerned FTTP is ready to be ordered no differently to any other FTTP order now that it has been commissioned and all the work is done.

Yes already paid the money for installation, and have a 12 month contract with Cerberus on top.

Edited by E300 (Thu 12-Dec-19 18:51:48)

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Dec-19 07:35:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
How long did others wait after the dslchecker went live with FTTP to get an appointment and it installed?

It took around 5 weeks from the day WBC FTTP showed up on the dsl checker to the day my FTTPoD service went live. This was back in Spring 2017.

BT Business FTTP(oD) 330/50 -- 4+2 ONT -- Netgear RAX200
Standard User E300
(newbie) Fri 27-Dec-19 15:58:21
Print Post

A final update. Engineer appointment was for today, they've now been and gone and we are connected to FTTP. Getting ~295/30 on speed tests so working all as expected. Got one of the newer Huawei modems, quite small and tidy, no battery backups with them now, so just the small box on the wall.

Go ahead given beginning of June, so 7 months more or less to going live.
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | [28] | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to