General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | [29] | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Sat 28-Dec-19 10:55:46
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Congratulations E300! Welcome to the club smile
Standard User dect
(experienced) Sat 28-Dec-19 11:03:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
A final update.
Thank you for your progress updates over the last 7 months, they have been very informative. All the best for 2020
Standard User LordVader
(member) Sun 29-Dec-19 10:02:13
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Well placed order with Cerberus on 09/12.

Yesterday 28th openreach turnup up at my house. Was only hear 5/10 minutes. All the engineer did was measure distance from underground thing at end of road and ask where I would like the fiber to go into my house if/when I go ahead. Sign a document for promotion to drill hole though wall lol.

I take it another engineer does a survey on how fiber will be laid/pushed to the underground camber at end of road as this bloke didn't really have any idea

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Disca
(learned) Sun 29-Dec-19 20:24:12
Print Post

[re: PhilipD] [link to this post]

I posted a while back that my FTTPoD went live, but weirdly single http downloads seemed capped at around 50Mbps whereas multiple threads were able to get the full ~320Mbps.

Did another 20 mins testing and got to the bottom of it. It was a feature on windows 10 called "Auto receive window tuning". On this particular PC it was set to disabled. Changed it to normal and now am able to get a much more respectable ~250Mbps(single) ~310Mbps(multiple) on TBB checker and more in reality (depending on the download source).

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15776508421...

Noting it here incase anyone has a similar issue.
Standard User bomber456
(committed) Tue 07-Jan-20 14:56:37
Print Post

[re: Disca] [link to this post]

So after paying for a survey last year, and getting a quote of about 8k.
Decided not to go ahead.
Roll forward to today, and Openreach are outside laying fibre to the street!
Hopefully should be connected up in the new month or so, I can wait having lived on these awful speeds for so long!
Hopefully gives some hope to those who paid for a full survey and didnít go ahead with the order.

Standard User busterboy
(committed) Tue 07-Jan-20 17:43:22
Print Post

[re: bomber456] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bomber456:
So after paying for a survey last year, and getting a quote of about 8k.
Decided not to go ahead.
Roll forward to today, and Openreach are outside laying fibre to the street!
Hopefully should be connected up in the new month or so, I can wait having lived on these awful speeds for so long!
Hopefully gives some hope to those who paid for a full survey and didnít go ahead with the order.

I was one who got a portal started with local names on it then informed we were getting FTTP via a government grant through "SuperfastnorthYorkshire" so cancelled it and decided to wait.

As much as I hear you quote "Hopefully should be connected up in the new month or so" do be prepared for a wait, and probably a long one.

We are now two years later since being informed we are getting Fibre and yes they were pulling cable almost two years ago but still sadly waiting.

What I have learned is waiting is a terrible thing when you are so desperate for faster internet.

We still are 1mbps as I type this.

Fingers crossed for you though. smile

BTBroadband
Standard User E300
(newbie) Tue 07-Jan-20 18:05:51
Print Post

[re: bomber456] [link to this post]

That is fortunate then if it is the case they are connecting you up anyway. Are you in one of the fibre first locations then? If not it might just be someone else was so fed up they ordered FTTP on Demand and it might not be available to you after all. Do let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you.
Standard User bomber456
(committed) Tue 07-Jan-20 18:19:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
That is fortunate then if it is the case they are connecting you up anyway. Are you in one of the fibre first locations then? If not it might just be someone else was so fed up they ordered FTTP on Demand and it might not be available to you after all. Do let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you.

Yes in a fibre first city. But areas getting done are no where near, and Iím not in the city Center, but outskirts.
Wife asked the engineer fitting and said should be able to order in a few weeks. So keeping fingers crossed.

Standard User LordVader
(member) Wed 15-Jan-20 12:34:03
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

Well had my quote back today &#128532;

Originally, Openreach estimated the build charge at £6,800.00 + VAT.

The confirmed build charge is £8,640.00 + VAT.

This includes the reduction for the survey and a deduction of £900.00 for premises passed. A breakdown of the charges is below:

Labour

£5,136.00

Contract Labour

£0.00

Civils

£750.00

Stores

£3,409.00

BT Connection Charge

£495.00

Deduction

£-900.00

Field Survey charge paid

£-250.00

Total

£8,640.00 ex VAT
£10,368.00 Inc VAT

Do my desktop was LOWER than the survey! No way I an justify £10k on an install. Had in my mind if it was around £5k might have done for it.

Houses less then 300m away on same estate have FTTP but on a different cabinet!

So stuck with 4G for the indefinite future.
Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 15-Jan-20 13:27:37
Print Post

[re: LordVader] [link to this post]

Cost outcome of your survey was disappointing, fingers crossed you get it done for free somewhere in the near future smile
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | [29] | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to