General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | [32] | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Sat 01-Feb-20 10:29:16
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: w0067814] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by w0067814:
I get 30Mb/5Mb on FTTC with about 680m to the cabinet (7) on Somersham exchange.

Mine was similar: 30-35M down, 4-5M up (varied throughout the year). ~400m line-of-sight to cabinet, more like 800m via the actual route, something like 1-1.5km to aggregation node. Existing ducts along the whole route, although the survey identified an additional 34m that needed to be dug.

I was one of the first to put my request in under the new pricing (Feb 2018). My quote was £6,600, and I got the £3K business voucher, but it took just under 18 months for the whole FTTPoD process from start to end.

It probably cost OR a lot more: due to capacity problems, they had to dig an additional 164m of trunk duct. It's possible such experiences will have made them increase their quotes.

It's not exactly a "rural" location, but at the edge of a town just as it turns into countryside. I was (and still am) pretty sure that UK fibre coverage will be no more than 50% by 2025, and that my property will be in the other 50%. Hence I was more than happy to take the hit.

There is a spreadsheet here of final prices which forum users have reported - although there have been very few recent additions. For those who got "unable the quote" at desktop stage, the lowest confirmed price was £8,015 and the highest £21,540 (+VAT)
Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Tue 04-Feb-20 17:33:30
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

After a bit of complaining I finally had my distribution point installed today. What is the bigger black box for towards the bottom? Is that where the two ends of fibre are connected together?

Photo
Standard User slimj
(member) Wed 05-Feb-20 11:11:33
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by darren_mccoy:
After a bit of complaining I finally had my distribution point installed today. What is the bigger black box for towards the bottom? Is that where the two ends of fibre are connected together?

Photo

Yep. Looks like you're ready to rock and roll!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E300
(learned) Wed 05-Feb-20 11:58:18
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

You probably now need to wait for an audit to take place, mine took several weeks. You can check the progress of this by looking at dslchecker.co.uk, once the checker says "WBC FTTP" as opposed to FTTP on Demand you know the audit has completed. Any properties passed can then order FTTP at that point. You then need to wait for an appointment for installation from the DP to your property, it took 5 weeks from the point the audit was completed for me to get this appointment.

Hopefully it will all be much quicker for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of months you are still waiting. I think my DP was installed and connected up by July 2019, I went live at the end of December.
Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Wed 05-Feb-20 12:38:20
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

I noticed it changed to that a few weeks ago along with the top speed going up to 1Gb.

WBC fttp

Im on the waiting list.
Standard User E300
(learned) Wed 05-Feb-20 13:37:45
Print Post

That's good news then so only a matter of days or weeks. Keep us posted.
Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 05-Feb-20 15:32:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by E300:
You then need to wait for an appointment for installation from the DP to your property,
Do you mean from the pole with the CBT on it to his property?
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Feb-20 17:02:54
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
In reply to a post by E300:
You then need to wait for an appointment for installation from the DP to your property,
Do you mean from the pole with the CBT on it to his property?

They are the same thing no?
A CBT is just a fibre DP.
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Wed 05-Feb-20 17:32:31
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I know this as been asked and answered in one of the FTTPoD threads before, but I'm not sure how I can narrow down the search, so;

How long is it before I can ask for another FTTPoD quote? Is it 12 months since the last one?

BT Infinity 2 - ECI Cabinet
Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 05-Feb-20 17:53:09
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by j0hn83:
A CBT is just a fibre DP.
Sorry, I can honestly say I've never heard a CBT being referred too as a Fibre DP so I've learnt something new today.
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | [32] | 33 | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to