General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | [33] | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Wed 05-Feb-20 19:27:32
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bowdon:
How long is it before I can ask for another FTTPoD quote? Is it 12 months since the last one?

Do you mean the free desktop one?
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Wed 05-Feb-20 19:53:30
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:

The one where they have to send off to OR for it? I was going to buy it with Cerberus last time.

I think its been over 12 months since I last made my FTTPoD attempt. I'm weighing up the options.

BT Infinity 2 - ECI Cabinet
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Feb-20 01:42:29
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by darren_mccoy:
After a bit of complaining I finally had my distribution point installed today. What is the bigger black box for towards the bottom? Is that where the two ends of fibre are connected together?

Photo

It's look pretty easy for someone to get this cable theft is a constant threat to your FTTP in future at the bottom of the pole. Should have put up higher up the pole instead.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Feb-20 06:14:10
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

They donít steal fibre Max ........

Itís copper that gets stolen, for the scrap value.

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Thu 06-Feb-20 08:44:05
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bowdon:
In reply to a post by candlerb:

The one where they have to send off to OR for it? I was going to buy it with Cerberus last time.

I think its been over 12 months since I last made my FTTPoD attempt. I'm weighing up the options.

Forum says you went to survey and received a confirmed quote in July 2019.

The confirmed quotes are only valid for 30 days, so in principle that's the minimal interval - and no doubt they'll be happy to take your money again. However unless you think that work has been done in your area, I doubt it would have changed in your favour.

You can at least get the free desktop quote and see if that's higher or lower than before, which would be interesting to see. They might just give you the costing on file from before.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 06-Feb-20 08:54:07
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
They donít steal fibre Max ........

Itís copper that gets stolen, for the scrap value.
The clever ones do. Hopefully the more fibre is known the more intelligent the thieves will get and realise it is virtually worthless to them wink
Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Thu 06-Feb-20 10:48:08
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

There's a good eight feet of metal shielding the cable that is out of shot. God help anyone that messes with my internet lol.
Standard User RSR1
(newbie) Fri 07-Feb-20 22:24:44
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

Good Evening All,

I've been on FTTC for quite some time now with a 80/20 (80/20 Sync as well) service but since October my line has been struggling to hold any speed at all as currently Iím on 47/20. So, I have been getting more and more frustrated with it as I am now being offered a regrade to a slower service.

I did get a quote from Cerberus a few years ago, which originally came in at 28K +VAT but I thought Iíd enquire see if that cost would dropped at all and I have received the following quote:

We have now received the estimate of the charges from BT. These are detailed below.

Estimated Build Cost: £10,700.00 ex VAT

The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: 26

Please note that, where provided, this is an estimated price based on network records. Openreach are not always able to provide an estimate in this way and a full survey may be required. Installation charges are only confirmed by a full survey once you place an order for the service.

Openreach estimate that the distance to the fibre aggregation node serving your premises is 200 - 399m. The distance to the aggregation node will have an effect on the installation price.

The build estimate includes a reduction for the number of premises passed as these would be able to obtain FTTP as a consequence of your build. Customers at these premises may submit a linked FTTPoD order to share the construction costs. If you wish to consider starting a Linked Order, you can find information on how to do so in the guide attached.

So, I have gone ahead with the full site survey and am I keen to see what they come back with.

I have been going over all the FTTPoD quotes thread, which has been interesting. What seems to be the average wait time from point of paying for the survey to getting the final quote, also at what point is the final payment due?

Thanks
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Fri 07-Feb-20 22:33:08
Print Post

[re: RSR1] [link to this post]

While I can't say what the timeframe might be, if you choose to go ahead then you will need to pay the final quoted build cost before the work will begin. I can't remember the exact timeframe you have in order to pay it in full, but I believe it was something like a few weeks from the point you've received the final actual build cost quote.
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Sat 08-Feb-20 08:54:54
Print Post

[re: RSR1] [link to this post]

Expect somewhere between 1 and 3 months to get your final quote. Once you receive the final quote you have 30 days to pay the full amount, or the order is cancelled and you lose your £250+VAT.

If you're eligible for any sort of gigabit voucher, make sure you ask Cerberus to apply for it on your behalf now and hopefully it will be granted by the time the quote comes back.
Pages in this thread: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | [33] | 34 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to