General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 01-Jul-19 18:26:14
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 5

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

Detailed instructions are being written ...

Mike
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Mon 01-Jul-19 18:50:42
Print Post

[re: abat] [link to this post]

For the people who have received their full paid survey's, how long did it take to come back?

I was looking through the dates and it's approaching 6 months since I requested and paid for the full survey.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about Cerberus missing my weekly update. You'll be glad to know it resumed after 2 weeks. But it was the same update that it had been 2 weeks prior i.e. 'awaiting ECC authorisation, the full breakdown has been provided.'.

Does anyone know what waiting for ECC authorisation means?

BT Infinity 2 - ECI Cabinet
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Mon 01-Jul-19 19:20:54
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

ECC refers to 'Excess Construction Charges' which Openreach may pass onto the customer - they are usually in the £1000s. Under the old FTTPoD pricing (construction band based) it was rare for Openreach to hit the customer with ECCs but I've no idea how common they are under the current pricing model. Best to wait & see.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Mon 01-Jul-19 19:22:29)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User darren_mccoy
(newbie) Tue 02-Jul-19 09:34:26
Print Post

Six months seems very long for the survey, i think most people get them back within four to eight weeks. Have you contacted them to find out why its been so long?
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Tue 02-Jul-19 10:20:30
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

I'll see what this Thursdays update says then I'll contact them, especially if it ends up being the same update I've had twice already.

The guy did the survey months ago as I saw him. So not sure what's taking so long.

ISP Representative GenuineCerberus
(isp) Tue 02-Jul-19 14:16:11
Print Post

Hi Bowden

Please can you PM your name and order reference so we can chase up your confirmed build charges please.

Thank you
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User candlerb
(committed) Wed 03-Jul-19 10:14:13
Print Post

Here's my installation progress update.

Survey ordered 10th March 2018; confirmed pricing and go-ahead 26th June 2018 (53 weeks ago). Between then and December various duct unblocking was done, along with digging of 34m of new duct identified in the survey, down one side of a quiet lane.

In December 2018 it was decided that a further 164m of new duct was required due to congestion, extending the first 34m - and I am pleased to say this has at last been done. It took about two days to do the trenching, laying of ducts linking existing chambers, and concreting over; and another day and a half to put the asphalt surface on top.

Next I presume it will be handed back to the cabling team to have another go.
Standard User E300
(newbie) Wed 03-Jul-19 17:46:30
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Just a quick update, had a lot of activity by Openreach along my street and down towards the FTTC cab where the aggregation node happens to be as well, several vans and several staff, and here all day. Appears they have roped the route from my DP to the aggregation node with the usual blue nylon rope (route is all underground), as that is the only thing seen going in via various manhole covers.

I suspect the next stage is waiting for another team to come along and pull in the fibre, assuming no blockages found.

Good to see some activity, just hope the next stage doesn't take weeks or months to happen.
Standard User abat
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Jul-19 21:41:50
Print Post

Well apparently the engineer did not turn up for work today. Frustrating lack of any comms from either Openreach or Cerberus until we chased mid-afternoon. No news of a reschedule yet.

Mike
Standard User bowdon
(committed) Thu 04-Jul-19 16:53:25
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I finally got the survey back today.

Openreach provided an initial estimate of the build charges at £11,800.00 + VAT

The confirmed build charge is £8,935.00 + VAT

This includes the reduction for the survey and a deduction of £1,300.00 for premises passed. A breakdown of the charges is below:

Labour: £4,970.00
Contract Labour: £625.00
Civils: £950.00
Stores: £3,445.00
Civils Stores: £0.00
Tree cutting: £0.00

BT Connection Charge: £495.00

Deductions -£250.00
Deductions -£1,300.00

Total: £8,935.00

At £8,935.00 + VAT its just out of my financial reach. I was thinking it might have been about 50 or 60% of the original desktop price i.e. between £6000 to £7000. I would have gone for it at that price.

I'd like to thank Cerberus for giving me the opportunity to attempt to get full fibre. I just hope it doesnt take many years to reach me in the future.

Does anyone know what Stores is?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to