General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:08:56
Print Post

Re: G.fast added on Cabinet 9 today

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Note that it's those who can't get G-Fast for whatever reason that consider it to be a waste of time, resources, etc. I don't see the same moans from those enjoying their fast G-Fast connections. Sour grapes anyone?? Some basic knowledge of Physics might also help, however I suspect that few if any of those moaning know any more BT's network, costs and commercial decision making than the the vast majority of us posting here.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:13:05
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
Note that it's those who can't get G-Fast for whatever reason that consider it to be a waste of time, resources, etc. I don't see the same moans from those enjoying their fast G-Fast connections. Sour grapes anyone?? Some basic knowledge of Physics might also help, however I suspect that few if any of those moaning know any more BT's network, costs and commercial decision making than the the vast majority of us posting here.

I think you're the one being bit of a nob here.. We are more annoyed that BTOR database is [censored] and stopping people who want and can physically get Gfast but can't order it.

What you're saying is BT is perfect.. and Gfast is perfect as you can get it... grow up..

Connection Speed 79999 kbps 19999 kbps
Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:9.5 DS2:20.9 DS3:31.1 US0:5.3 US1:17.8 US2:24.6
Noise Margin (dB) DS1:6.5 DS2:6.5 DS3:6.5 US0:13.7 US1:13.8 US2:13.8
Sky Q Hub
My Broadband Ping
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:15:40
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
This sort of thing is often caused by the copper from the PCP going down the other side of the street from you, then crossing over and coming back to you. Result, the house on your side physically nearest to the cab is electronically the furthest from it.
Why don't OR just improvement underground re-route cable or overhead pole but they can't be bothered to do this. Leave as it was. Next ten years time will change to FTTP instead and G.fast will be gone.
My post wasn’t about your line max smile. It was a reply to lockyatlrg.

It may not apply to your case, but if it does explain his then think of the costs of doing that particularly if the copper is underground. Then consider the very low probability of G.Fast takeup by the houses that benefit, and the loss of access to it by others that currently have that and may have signed up.

Or maybe you will reply they should just cut the copper at the far end from the PCP and connect the near end of the tail? Even if that is technically possible and feasible, it would not be self-financing. Negative ROI. (Return on investment).

G.Fast rollout to PCPs is and probably always will remain a mystery and a waste of money. That has been covered many times on this forum. The only explanation I can think of is they had contracted to buy so many of the pods and when they found out the concept was a financial disaster/dodo they were scared of the bad publicity and the rage from Ofcom, government and shareholders if they sold off the gear for scrap. Or paid out millions in cancellation charges and damages to the manufacturers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Alucidnation
(member) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:24:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Unless i'm misunderstanding something here, gFast is available to those that are closest to the cabinet, and who will more than likely get 70+ connection anyway, and yet those further away can't and have to suffer with 40 or much less?

Draytek 2862.
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:29:48
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alucidnation:
Unless i'm misunderstanding something here, gFast is available to those that are closest to the cabinet, and who will more than likely get 70+ connection anyway, and yet those further away can't and have to suffer with 40 or much less?

Yes and according to MCM you're just a moaner who is hating on BT...

Connection Speed 79999 kbps 19999 kbps
Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:9.5 DS2:20.9 DS3:31.1 US0:5.3 US1:17.8 US2:24.6
Noise Margin (dB) DS1:6.5 DS2:6.5 DS3:6.5 US0:13.7 US1:13.8 US2:13.8
Sky Q Hub
My Broadband Ping
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:33:20
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Alucidnation:

I seen few of those who are very close next door to G.fast cabinet and still got no G.fast at all while the rest of it have it. It's just a lottery good luck or bad luck. OR might tell them TOUGH!

One house get 80 high and 74 low clean with no G.fast and one house get 80 high and low at 68 get G.fast with 330/50 that make no sense at all?

Edited by adslmax (Sun 07-Jul-19 12:37:42)

Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:41:24
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

Yes and according to MCM you're just a moaner who is hating on BT...
Indeed there can be no question that you like to moan as that is all you ever seem to be doing in these forums in recent weeks. We all now know your feelings about BT and G-Fast. Now move on and I look forward to seeing you posting a logical, coherent and constructive post.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Jul-19 12:45:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I went to next two doors of mine and they kindly polite to let me in and see what telephone socket they have - unbelievable they got very old socket in hallway (master socket) here: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/... they getting perfect g.fast on 330/50 but my hallway socket got new https://www.run-it-direct.co.uk/images/VDSLMK4NTE5CM... and only getting 198/29 on g.fast. But they are using virgin media cable and they don't want broadband from BT. Wish they can swap my house. smile

Edited by adslmax (Sun 07-Jul-19 12:51:09)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 07-Jul-19 13:20:16
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

So they have G.fast or is this is based on the checker?

Before moaning about sockets and things, you need to compare actual speeds seen.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Jul-19 13:34:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Both on the speed checker as both of us don't have G.fast on the line
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to