General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrijones
(learned) Sat 10-Aug-19 14:28:51
Print Post

Re: Some houses can have FTTP others can't. OR Database erro

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kitcat:
mrijones

The black bottle is the manifold, if more than 12 properties have ordered FTTP the rest from that DP will now show as waiters until a new Manifold is provided.

I suspect some of the other poles have not had their manifolds either provided or connected up which is why properties served via them show as not available.

Hopefully the Assembly and OR will sort out completing the job for the unfinished work, but I have little confidence in Mark Drakeford to do anything apart from blame Westminster (& Brexit) and they are all on Long summer breaks until late September so no quick movement will happen.

There's about 5 properties off that pole that have got FTTP.
The premises that I have in mind is fed off the same pole and doesn't have it. There are a couple more in that vicinity which have FTTP but served via other poles.

I have been in touch with Openreach via Twitter as Paul suggested and they've said that FTTP should be available in December next year.

Although, they did said they'd checked and that the addresses I gave them were fed off different poles, which is incorrect as I can clearly see that the old copper cables and the new FTTP feeds are going from this particular pole.

The Assembly haven't done much since Superfast Cymru 1 ended, SFC 2 may be progressing but no info is avaialble.

Oh well.
Standard User mrijones
(learned) Sat 17-Aug-19 09:05:34
Print Post

Re: Some houses can have FTTP others can't. OR Database erro

[re: mrijones] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrijones:
Thank you all for your replies.

I found a link to the openreach formwize site and asked them about the availability issues.

We'll see what sort of response I get.

Well, what a difference a week makes.
I got a response to my query on Monday and that it was being passed on to another team.
Yesterday I got an email to say that database was going to be updated and it'd take a few days to update.

Today it shows WBC FTTP 1000/200 waiting list.

Not quite there yet, but hopefully better than the original date of December next year. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to