General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-19 18:31:40
Print Post

Re: From Hero to Zero!

[re: chrisdev] [link to this post]

So as of today, I'm back to 'Zero'.

I caught an OR chap poking around today and it turns out he was there to "sign-off" before go-live, except that our house and 3 others have been classed as having wayleave issues and so we won't be going live. The other 3 houses closest to the DP with CBT have now gone live on dslchecker, but not us frown

The engineer didn't know what the wayleave issues where, but I did help him identify and literally dig out the chamber that had the ducting already in place for our copper that goes from the CBT pole to our houses, so there is definitely a route already in place.

Is there anything I can do here other than start hanging ethernet between our houses!?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 02-Sep-19 19:37:56
Print Post

Would running fibre to any of the properties likely to require to much about in a garden perhaps that is not the persons who has ordered fibre?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User threelegs
(regular) Mon 02-Sep-19 19:59:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrisdev:
Is there anything I can do here other than start hanging ethernet between our houses!?

if it was me I would ensure that the duct from house to manhole is clear so that fibre can be put through easily. I actually put my own duct in from pole to house so that ftth fibre could cross the garden

Edited by threelegs (Mon 02-Sep-19 20:01:30)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User crapinon
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-19 20:56:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

"Would running fibre to any of the properties likely to require to much about in a garden perhaps that is not the persons who has ordered fibre?"

In English please....?
Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-19 22:55:15
Print Post

Would running fibre to any of the properties likely to require to much about in a garden perhaps that is not the persons who has ordered fibre?

It appears that in OR's view of their network, they would have to dig across someones drive, or install a new pole and OH cable in order to reach our 3 houses. However, because today I physically uncovered an existing duct and chamber (which was unknown to OR) I have hope that they magically resolve the wayleave issue. But without knowing what the wayleave issue actually is, I'm just guessing.

Ultimately, my question is how do I tell OR about their own infrastructure which I believe would resolve their wayleave issue!

Edited by chrisdev (Mon 02-Sep-19 23:01:34)

Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-19 22:57:25
Print Post

Re: From Hero to Zero! *DELETED*

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

Post deleted by chrisdev
Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Mon 02-Sep-19 22:59:55
Print Post

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by threelegs:
In reply to a post by chrisdev:

if it was me I would ensure that the duct from house to manhole is clear so that fibre can be put through easily. I actually put my own duct in from pole to house so that ftth fibre could cross the garden

I could do that too, but then how do I convince OR that this has resolved their wayleave issue.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 02-Sep-19 23:30:03
Print Post

[re: crapinon] [link to this post]

Lol

Wayleave worries usually mean Openreach think they will need access to some private land to do the install. So is that the case?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Sep-19 08:25:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Lol

Wayleave worries usually mean Openreach think they will need access to some private land to do the install. So is that the case?

That is what chrisdev is asking and has the duct that chrisdev found solved the problem. And how can he find out crazy
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Sep-19 09:50:29
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

First instance should be notes passed by retailer onto Openreach and they come back out to check it.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to