General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Wed 11-Sep-19 16:22:35
Print Post

Re: From Hero to Zero!

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
There’s a good chance of a ‘pre-visit’ which will check for light on the quoted CBT port, make an estimate of length of kit required, and will (hopefully) rope the ducted section in readiness .... might even fit the connectorised kit and leave a coil at the house end.

Would you like to come and do my install Zarjaz? wink
Standard User dect
(committed) Wed 11-Sep-19 16:40:09
Print Post

[re: chrisdev] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisdev:
Would you like to come and do my install Zarjaz? wink
Join the queue laugh
Standard User threelegs
(regular) Wed 11-Sep-19 19:14:55
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

I got a "pre" visit to check for light at the manifold, they did not have a long enough length of fibre on board , so the OR engineer came back the next day(new years day!!!!) and pulled it through the duct leaving a huge coil that I then ran through the loft and down through the walls to the other side of the house ready for the next engineer to connect to the ONT

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User chrisdev
(newbie) Wed 02-Oct-19 10:47:05
Print Post

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

So a quick update for those interested.

After A&A opened a case with Openreach and WBC FTTP became available at my property I placed an order and on 12th September an engineer turned up to rod and rope. He did manage to rope the duct from my house to the pavement chamber but not from pavement chamber to base of the pole. Said it might need the dig team as the ducting looks like it is not finished to a good standard. The ducting starts a couple of feet away from the base of the pole meaning the existing copper line is exposed and not very secure.

Since then, I've had 2 install appointments scheduled and missed, and now have one scheduled for the end of the month (50 days after my original order) and no sign of dig works yet.

A&A have escalated but no further information forthcoming from OR frown
Standard User dect
(committed) Wed 02-Oct-19 17:28:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by chrisdev:
So a quick update for those interested.

After A&A opened a case with Openreach and WBC FTTP became available at my property I placed an order and on 12th September an engineer turned up to rod and rope. He did manage to rope the duct from my house to the pavement chamber but not from pavement chamber to base of the pole. Said it might need the dig team as the ducting looks like it is not finished to a good standard. The ducting starts a couple of feet away from the base of the pole meaning the existing copper line is exposed and not very secure.

Since then, I've had 2 install appointments scheduled and missed, and now have one scheduled for the end of the month (50 days after my original order) and no sign of dig works yet.

A&A have escalated but no further information forthcoming from OR frown
I know the delays are not ideal but hopefully Openreach will get it sorted, a little confusing with the duct starting a couple of feet from the pole which isn't good but if that's the route your copper cable takes then hopefully they can make it work for the fibre cable.

Edited by dect (Wed 02-Oct-19 17:28:37)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Oct-19 17:53:51
Print Post

I would have thought the install appointments would have been cancelled, as these normally only go ahead once the stage one rod and rope is confirmed complete.

Standard User chrisdev
(learned) Wed 02-Oct-19 18:34:20
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yes, they were "moved" rather than cancelled, but had the same effect.

Speaking with A&A it seems OR have asked for permission to dig, but haven't been able to find out who they need permission from, or where they need to dig! We're trying to get another copy of that PTD so I can chase with the local farmer/neighbours if indeed they've been approached.
Standard User MaxNRG
(member) Thu 17-Oct-19 08:12:45
Print Post

Am I right in assuming that a FTTPoD order would have been stuck in the same way way as your regular FTTP provisioning?

Good luck getting things unstuck at the end of the month!

AAISP 80/20 FTTC (74.12Mbps/19.98Mbps sync)
Sky 80/20 FTTC (71.65Mbps/20.00Mbps sync)
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Thu 17-Oct-19 08:29:57
Print Post

[re: MaxNRG] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MaxNRG:
Am I right in assuming that a FTTPoD order would have been stuck in the same way way as your regular FTTP provisioning?

There are many ways that an FTTPoD order can become stuck - trust me, I know smile
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Oct-19 09:31:25
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
In reply to a post by MaxNRG:

There are many ways that an FTTPoD order can become stuck - trust me, I know smile

*STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE NO BISCUITS*

Seriously though i can only imagine, but FTTP build would have more issues than FTTPoD
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to