General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Nov-19 21:14:39
Print Post

Re: BT Sales techniques - less than 100% upfront!

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
Mobile coverage is planned to be much better by 2025 - target 95% by geographical coverage.

I expect the odd phonebox could remain - perhaps with mains power and battery backup.
I suspect that it a Boris promise which sounds nice as he wants to keep his job. Is he to be believed? I think he is the only PM I have heard described as a liar several times on Radio 4.

Michael Chare
Standard User dect
(experienced) Fri 08-Nov-19 08:18:10
Print Post

[re: lelboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lelboy:
I have to say that when I told Virgin I was recording the call, I was told "we don't allow that" - and they hung up!
Don't you just hate double standards
Standard User GonePostal
(member) Fri 08-Nov-19 09:22:28
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

It's like the bank ringing you then asking for your password etc. before they will discuss what they were ringing about. I've never managed to ever get into the substance of the call as I refuse to give out such information to a cold caller.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-Nov-19 10:47:40
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

Yeah, same as that ... they ring you ... they should verify who they are ... not vice versa, you know who you are.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Nov-19 11:08:03
Print Post

[re: GonePostal] [link to this post]

Mobile coverage plotted is vastly more complex and therefore costly than fixed line coverage plotting.

The construction of each home, position within it, weather state outdoors, vegetation, traffic all play a part, add to that the variations in signal reception from different handsets and the problems multiple.

To be honest a good chunk of the 95% will arise from use of the 700 MHz or 800 MHz bands, the £530m from government will help and hopefully it gets spent on kit rather than paying for bayleaves.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Nov-19 11:10:43
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Find out which branch is calling you and persons name, then get the branch number from banks own website and call them back.

Too many scams/phishing going on that any call may be an attempt to get that one bit of info they are missing to later hit you with scams that do lose you money.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 08-Nov-19 11:13:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
£530m from government will help and hopefully it gets spent on kit rather than paying for bayleaves.
A new way of cooking the books to make them more palatable?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 08-Nov-19 11:17:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Find out which branch is calling you and persons name, then get the branch number from banks own website and call them back.
Bank phone numbers on websites these days tend to be call centres, even the site for individual branches. If you happen to know the individual one from history, or maybe you have a business account with a named contact, that might still be straight through.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Nov-19 11:55:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've just typed wayleaves and first time it auto corrected it to bayleaves... paused and watched it do it.

Problem being I am normally thinking a few words ahead of what my fingers are actually typing and then don't spot the error - makes for more fun. That and the times I genuinely do type the wrong word.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 08-Nov-19 13:20:18
Print Post

smile
I just thought it worth commenting on humorously, hence the trophy icon on it. I guessed it would have been the spellchucker. It just seemed an appropriate reply, considering the claims that get made about rollouts and coverage by government and providers that donít always tally with the reality you detect.

As well as bay leaves, saffron often works well.

You know I never criticise anyone wink.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to