General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-Nov-19 15:59:56
Print Post

Re: BT Sales techniques - less than 100% upfront!

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Bank phone numbers on websites these days tend to be call centres, even the site for individual branches.
Most banks don't do the decision making in branch any more, that went years ago. The branch is literally a "human contact centre" which is why phoning the branch is hard. You phone "the bank" and get through to the contact centre.

plusnet 80/20 (2/jun/14) at 470m; high sync history: 64/9(Sep/17),54/6(Jan/19),46/7(Sep/19)
20 years of broadband from 1999's ntl:cable modem trial - Live BQM
Standard User dect
(experienced) Fri 08-Nov-19 17:05:15
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Bank phone numbers on websites these days tend to be call centres, even the site for individual branches.
Most banks don't do the decision making in branch any more, that went years ago. The branch is literally a "human contact centre" which is why phoning the branch is hard. You phone "the bank" and get through to the contact centre.
A lot of bank staff in overseas contact/call centres don't have DDI numbers which makes it even harder.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Nov-19 19:07:20
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

My history of typos and wrong words and mangled sentences is well known, and well used to good natured corrections from people.

Only time I really get mad with myself is when I get numbers wrong.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-Nov-19 23:34:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I had an unexpected call from a bank, I did not say much but did call them back. It turned out the call was genuine. It appears they didn't like the credit card balance being in credit. A situation which had arisen because of refunds for cancelled holiday accommodation.

Michael Chare
Standard User Scientistnsaint
(learned) Wed 13-Nov-19 10:22:30
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

I hope you didn't later get the rage-inducing situation I was in once where my credit card company penalised me for not making a payment one month when I didn't owe them anything (i.e. the balance was zero because of a refund) - apparently they didn't count refunds as payments, so if you'd spent money and had refunds, your payment obligation was calculated on the basis of your spends at the statement date, not the balance of your account at the due date.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to