General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Nov-19 10:37:11
Print Post

G.fast neighbour verus mine

[link to this post]

One of my neighbour got G.fast activated this morning by openreach engineer, thanks for neighbour accepted me to talk to an engineer about G.fast of why is my house only get 114-207 down / 9-29 up and my neighbour getting 324-330 down / 31-50 up by BTw checker.

My neighbour is two next door of mine with same layout footpath, same DP, same exchange and same cabinet as both of us are underground DP telephone cable. Openreach engineer just told neighbour their actually line length is 142m from the cabinet and got max line rate of 427 down and 61 up with both noise margin set at 6dB. The engineer also replaced G.fast master socket.

The engineer are kindly have a quick look at my property and he found 4 master sockets in my house this is the reason I get low estimated G.fast but he told me not to worry because once I ordered G.fast then the engineer will check all these master sockets to find the best higher speed for G.fast and he say I should get 330/50 with no problem as he look up on his kit tool that my cabinet has the same layout as my neighbour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:13:53
Print Post

Re: G.fast neighbour verus mine

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Four masters in your house, and after all these years of being on the forums too. Shocked I am.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:16:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Four masters in your house, and after all these years of being on the forums too. Shocked I am.

[chortle]

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:20:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

That said, I fail to see why four NTEís would register on any online guesstimator ?

Also, if there actually is 4 NTEís across the pair, why oh why didnít it result in a bridge tap fault, giving errors and speed loss on FTTC ?

Standard User dect
(experienced) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:21:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
4 master sockets in my house
Looks like you are the King of the master sockets laugh
Standard User busterboy
(committed) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:21:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

[Snigger]

BTBroadband
Standard User dect
(experienced) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:24:12
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
That said, I fail to see why four NTEís would register on any online guesstimator ?

Also, if there actually is 4 NTEís across the pair, why oh why didnít it result in a bridge tap fault, giving errors and speed loss on FTTC ?
Think there is more to this story
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:28:31
Print Post

There already 4 master sockets in my property when I moving in 2007. There is master socket in the hallway, two bedrooms and one in living room. The FTTC connected to hallway master socket.
Standard User dect
(experienced) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:31:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
There already 4 master sockets in my property when I moving in 2007. There is master socket in the hallway, two bedrooms and one in living room. The FTTC connected to hallway master socket.
Are you sure he said they were all master sockets?
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Nov-19 11:37:30
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

The hallway master socket only got two wiring connected to live FTTC from BT exchange
https://ibb.co/PcKpMhb

Edited by adslmax (Tue 19-Nov-19 11:41:29)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to