General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Fri 29-Nov-19 13:50:05
Print Post

Re: How is FTTP speed regulated

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the replies.

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
NOTE: You say switching, what date did BT give you for when the switch over would happen.
Yesterday, 28th November. Although this is the third time BT have tried to do the switchover, each time cancelling the previous order to try again. This is why I need something specific I can suggest to BT to get this working.

The other problem I have is that I can't prove to BT what speed I'm getting because whenever I run the official BT performance test at http://support.bt.com/fix/broadband/ it keeps telling me that BT can't detect my hub, and want to send an engineer out to fix it. When the Openreach engineer did come out on Wednesday, she couldn't find any fault and thought that BT had probably set me up as an FTTC connection rather than an FTTP connection. Although our copper line is an EO line, albeit to a different exchange to our fibre.

The engineer even phoned BT to try to explain, but they wouldn't listen to her and insisted on talking to me, the customer. I'm at why wits' end going around and around in circles with BT being passed from the FTTP team to the value team to the sales support team and then the offline team getting nowhere. Nobody at BT seems to know how to fix this, so just looking for things I can suggest to them when they phone again today.

Arthur Young
Standard User threelegs
(member) Fri 29-Nov-19 14:16:27
Print Post

[re: cjgpers] [link to this post]

all too familiar scenario from bt sales. last year at this time I ordered the 150/30 FTTP service and it took five different order numbers and the intervention of the CEOs office to get any where. having ordered on black friday to get the special offers available I didnt get connected till early Jan this year!!!

next time you speak to sales ask for the CEOs e-mail and phone number to gee them up!
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Nov-19 14:52:23
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Interesting that they sell a Fibre 100 product that normally goes at 150 but is on a 160 service... Nice and simple.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 29-Nov-19 15:09:30
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Reasoning most likely that it aligns with G.fast services and the move towards honesty/fairness i.e. by understating speeds they can be sure most people will get much more and be happy.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Fri 29-Nov-19 16:13:06
Print Post

So back to my original question as I'm about to phone BT again.

Is this likely to be something that Openreach need to fix, or BT? And if I understand things correctly, it's likely that they've got me on the wrong "wholesale product"?

Arthur Young
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 29-Nov-19 16:19:50
Print Post

It may be Openreach not regrading the product, but based on it being BT Consumer seems more likely their own internal systems are breaking and upgrade order has not actually made it as far as Openreach.

Trying to explain to support who will know very little of how things work behind the scenes is a waste of time, just stick with the I ordered an upgrade and my speeds have not yet changed line.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User rowter
(learned) Fri 29-Nov-19 16:20:52
Print Post

Just a quick look around and the Halo 250 for 68 quid is cheaper here

https://www.zen.co.uk/broadband/ultrafast-fibre-broa...
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Fri 29-Nov-19 16:27:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Trying to explain to support who will know very little of how things work behind the scenes is a waste of time, just stick with the I ordered an upgrade and my speeds have not yet changed line.

Okay, thanks. I just phoned, but the number I've been given goes straight to voicemail for "the Dundee ...fibre case management team", so will just have to wait for a call back. Although the voicemail also gave an email address for [email protected] which I'll try if I still hear nothing.

Arthur Young
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 29-Nov-19 16:45:58
Print Post

[re: rowter] [link to this post]

But that is not a Halo 2 product....

It is a G.fast service so speeds will be no different to the equivalent BT consumer package but there is differences in the other bits such a router, wi-fi extras etc

Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Fri 29-Nov-19 16:55:31
Print Post

[re: rowter] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rowter:
Just a quick look around and the Halo 250 for 68 quid is cheaper here

https://www.zen.co.uk/broadband/ultrafast-fibre-broa...
Zen were way too expensive. The equivalent package (Unlimited Full Fibre 3) to get a 150/30 service + landline is £20 more per month and a much higher activation fee (£55).

Arthur Young

Edited by cjgpers (Fri 29-Nov-19 16:56:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to