General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Dec-19 09:07:07
Print Post

Re: How is FTTP speed regulated

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In the original posters case my understanding is that they were already on FTTP 80/20, so most likely situation is that a regrade order has not been placed correctly, or has not been actioned correctly.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Dec-19 09:24:35
Print Post

[re: cjgpers] [link to this post]

Does the DSL checker show 'ONT exists with active service' for your line? If it does, then Openreach's records are correct. As Mr S says, they've most likely messed up your regrade from 80/20 to 160/30.

https://postimg.cc/w7SHQ1dC

BT Business FTTP(oD) 330/50 -- 4+2 ONT -- Netgear RAX200
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Tue 03-Dec-19 10:12:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Does the DSL checker show 'ONT exists with active service' for your line?
Yes, it says "Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Proven Clear. ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered."

Image of Checker

Any idea why it says that there's an open order due to complete 13-Jan-2020?

But BT are insistent that everything is correct at their end, and are waiting for Openreach to get back to them. Although even the MY BT page shows that BT only have me down for an 80/20 service:

MY BT

I'm at my wits end on how to get BT to sort out the problem, it's been going on for weeks frown

Any other suggestions?

Edited by cjgpers (Tue 03-Dec-19 10:14:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Dec-19 10:15:42
Print Post

Throw your toys out of the pram with the Chairmanís Office ....

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 03-Dec-19 10:23:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by cjgpers:
Any idea why it says that there's an open order due to complete 13-Jan-2020?
No idea, but it is either the required upgrade or whatever had been causing BT trouble placing the order.

I would be asking what it is, as it will be clearly visible to Openreach staff.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Dec-19 10:26:37
Print Post

Thanks. I presume you've already queried with BT why 'Fibre 100' is showing up as 80/20 on your online portal when its sold as a product "with average download speeds of 145 Mbps" ? Technically it should be provisioned as 160/30 but don't mention this to them as it will probably confuse them.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59868...

If you feel you've hit a brick wall with BT then I suggest dropping Andrew (MrSaffron) an email, he may be able to get his contacts at BT or Openreach to sort this out.

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 03-Dec-19 10:28:16)

Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Tue 03-Dec-19 10:51:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Thanks. I presume you've already queried with BT why 'Fibre 100' is showing up as 80/20 on your online portal when its sold as a product "with average download speeds of 145 Mbps" ?
Yes, I've queried that on last two phone calls and emails to the Dundee FTTP team, and BT can't work out why. As I say, I'm due a callback from the Case Manager at the Dundee FTTP team tomorrow, so I'll see how that goes, but I don't hold out much hope, as this is the third order BT have tried processing to upgrade to Fibre 100. Both of the previous orders ended up in a PENDING state, and they really don't seem to have a clue as to what the problem is or how to fix it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Dec-19 12:22:40
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Or I can pester via BT Consumer contacts

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Wed 04-Dec-19 12:06:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Or I can pester via BT Consumer contacts
Thanks for the offer, but it looks like an Openreach issue at the moment.

I finally had a call back from BT FTTP team this morning, and they are now escalating to an Openreach manager. It looks like there's an order "stuck" in Openreach's system for our original setup onto FTTP (80/20) back in October, with a completion date of 13th January 2020. BT cancelled that order because of OR delays in unblocking our ducting, and a new order was raised for the 80/20 FTTP which completed on 18th November.. But OR seem to still have the original order on their system.

ADSL Checker with ORDER

Does this make any sense to anyone on here with knowledge on how Openreach systems work? Would an old order with a future date in OR's system cause this sort of problem? Or does this sound like BT making more excuses?

Edited by cjgpers (Wed 04-Dec-19 12:09:01)

(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Dec-19 12:34:19
Print Post

Sounds like BT are fobbing you off. If I were you, I would gratefully accept Andrew's offer - he has contacts at both BT and Openreach. That's probably your best chance of getting a speedy fix smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to