General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Wed 04-Dec-19 12:36:18
Print Post

Re: How is FTTP speed regulated

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Or I can pester via BT Consumer contacts
I'd be grateful of any help you can offer. I'll send a PM.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 04-Dec-19 15:13:44
Print Post

[re: cjgpers] [link to this post]

For record in public, PM system works for forum related stuff but for chasing on up these things which can have timelines of a few weeks always best to email.

[email protected]

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Wed 04-Dec-19 18:54:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by cjgpers:
It looks like there's an order "stuck" in Openreach's system for our original setup onto FTTP (80/20) back in October, with a completion date of 13th January 2020. BT cancelled that order because of OR delays in unblocking our ducting, and a new order was raised for the 80/20 FTTP which completed on 18th November.. But OR seem to still have the original order on their system.
One small step forward. This outstanding order has now disappeared from the Openreach record at www.dslchecker.bt.com, so hopefully the regrade to 150/30 might happen overnight.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Fri 06-Dec-19 10:15:06
Print Post

One small step forward. This outstanding order has now disappeared from the Openreach record at www.dslchecker.bt.com, so hopefully the regrade to 150/30 might happen overnight.
So an update.

Still no change, a new "high-level" complaint is now opened with the help of Andrew - thanks. BT still seem convinced it's an Openreach problem, despite other reasons to think there must be something wrong at the BT end, such as:
1. THREE attempts by BT to send a new hub out to me have failed, each time the order results in an "Awaiting Despatch" for the hub that just sits there and the hub never gets despatched.
2. BT's own system still says I should only be getting 74Mbps on a Fibre 100 product.
3. I'm unable to turn on BT Web Protect. It never gets activated. Same applies to the Parental Controls.
4. I've never been billed for my FTTP and Landline service.

But trying to convince BT that it might not just be an Openreach problem is an uphill struggle. For some reason every time BT try raising the regrade to 150/30, it changes the date from the next day to the 13th January 2020, which is the date of the original order for when we joined BT FTTP 80/20.

I despair.

Edited by cjgpers (Fri 06-Dec-19 10:20:12)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Dec-19 10:21:08
Print Post

Like I said earlier. Given an outstanding order on the line, then no new order can be taken by Openreach.

This has been the case for literally years.

It could even just be that on completion it was never closed off.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User dect
(experienced) Fri 06-Dec-19 10:24:26
Print Post

Have they tried a cease and re-provide (on the system only) to see if that flushes the problem out.
Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Fri 06-Dec-19 10:26:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Like I said earlier. Given an outstanding order on the line, then no new order can be taken by Openreach.
Is that also likely to cause the other problems, such as the BT system not despatching a new hub 3 times?

In reply to a post by dect:
Have they tried a cease and re-provide (on the system only) to see if that flushes the problem out.
What's that? Is that something I should suggest to them, as BT are calling me back again this afternoon?I don't want to make things worse by suggesting something that might make the problem worse.

EDIT: Weirdly, an Openreach engineer has just arrived and is lifting the pavement hatch up.

Edited by cjgpers (Fri 06-Dec-19 10:28:45)

Standard User dect
(experienced) Fri 06-Dec-19 10:39:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
What's that? Is that something I should suggest to them, as BT are calling me back again this afternoon?I don't want to make things worse by suggesting something that might make the problem worse.
I was suggesting they cease your broadband and treat you like a new customer. The down side you would be without broadband while its done but it could reset everything.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Dec-19 11:06:47
Print Post

EDIT: Weirdly, an Openreach engineer has just arrived and is lifting the pavement hatch up.

And did you ask them (politely) what he was there for ?

*It seems highly unlikely to be anything to do with your issue ...... they would surely be there on an appointed fault for you.

What would they be able to resolve by testing your fibre UG ?

Standard User cjgpers
(regular) Fri 06-Dec-19 11:30:27
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
And did you ask them (politely) what he was there for ?
Yes. She was pulling fibre for another install in our road. Just a coincidence.

EDIT: "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 13-Jan-2020" has now re-appeared on my line at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Edited by cjgpers (Fri 06-Dec-19 11:42:56)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to