General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Andy_K
(regular) Thu 05-Dec-19 11:23:55
Print Post

Leyland / Chorley - Buckshaw Village

[link to this post]

Hi, I'm on Cabinet 63 of the Leyland exchange (Postcode PR7 7FP) We currently have pretty decent FTTC, but have a fairly long line from the cab, so get around 65Mbs

Buckshaw Village is split between the Leyland and Chorley exchange and have noticed a lot of fibre pulling going on with BT vans everywhere for the last couple weeks.

Any ideas on how long from initial cable pull to FTTP becoming available - It's a very dense area with lots of new houses, so I whilst neither the Chorley or Leyland exchanges are FTTP priority yet, I'm hoping someone has seen common sense and can see there will be a good return and take-up.

Appreciate any insight
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Thu 05-Dec-19 12:01:06
Print Post

Re: Leyland / Chorley - Buckshaw Village

[re: Andy_K] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andy_K:
Any ideas on how long from initial cable pull to FTTP becoming available.

Not really: any time between next month and never.

They might have been installing FTTP-on-demand, in which case only a few neighbouring properties will get it; or a leased line, which doesn't make FTTP available to anyone (including the leased line purchaser).

It's also not unknown for them to get half way through an FTTP build and then abandon it entirely.

What does the Openreach fibre checker say? I picked a random property from that postcode (number 20) and it says G.fast is available, but nothing about fibre coming.
Standard User witchunt
(experienced) Thu 05-Dec-19 12:30:59
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Part of a big FTTP build covering most of the area. Probably a recent addition so probably a few months yet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andy_K
(regular) Mon 09-Dec-19 09:27:40
Print Post

[re: witchunt] [link to this post]

Thanks guys, it does seem like a lot of work with 3-4 large vans with teams pulling cables between ducts for the last 2 weeks.

Will keep my eyes and ears peeled and keep checking the checker and other sites
Standard User dogcat
(newbie) Mon 09-Dec-19 11:48:11
Print Post

[re: Andy_K] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andy_K:
Thanks guys, it does seem like a lot of work with 3-4 large vans with teams pulling cables between ducts for the last 2 weeks.

Will keep my eyes and ears peeled and keep checking the checker and other sites

See if you can find a map of the BDUK phase 3 for Lancashire, you might be covered in that. Had a quick look and couldn't find one on their website - http://www.superfastlancashire.com/

E.g. the One for North Yorkshire is - http://superfastnorthyorkshire.com/#where-when all the red dots are BDUK phase 3 which is 99+% FTTP.

If not might give them a ring they can probably tell you if you are part of a BDUK rollout.
  Print Thread

Jump to