General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rman
(regular) Wed 25-Mar-20 16:50:59
Print Post

Re: Moving from FTTPoD to FTTP

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I have been advised that there will be a £30 cancellation charge for leaving Cerberus. So the final month notice + the £30!? I dont see that in my contract so i hope it's a mistake...

Currently waiting for confirmation..

I cancelled the service and set an earlier cease date April 6th - so hopefully all goes smoothly with the BT sign up.
Standard User brookheather
(member) Sun 29-Mar-20 15:10:39
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

Cerberus were supposed to move me today to FTTP Office 150/30 @ £54pm but have just billed me for another 3 months of FTTPoD @ £100pm. My regrade order is still showing as pending possibly due to current BTW issues. For those coming to the end of the 12 month FTTPoD period you may want to reconfirm with Cerberus what they are going to do with your regrade/cancellation orders.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh
Standard User rman
(regular) Mon 30-Mar-20 09:44:12
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brookheather:
Cerberus were supposed to move me today to FTTP Office 150/30 @ £54pm but have just billed me for another 3 months of FTTPoD @ £100pm. My regrade order is still showing as pending possibly due to current BTW issues. For those coming to the end of the 12 month FTTPoD period you may want to reconfirm with Cerberus what they are going to do with your regrade/cancellation orders.

Thanks for the heads up, im going to give them a call today as i've not really had much luck in getting a response from them via email or much information back about my line cease actioned via the website.

But first, a call to BT to find out if moving the service to them will be ok!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ixel
(committed) Mon 30-Mar-20 11:25:47
Print Post

Yeah mine is still pending too. Apparently there are some reports of BT Retail delaying orders because BT Wholesale aren't processing the regrades at the moment. I was told by Cerberus it would be 7 to 10 working days which did astound me at the time, but with the current delay I guess it makes sense. BT Retail were initially processing them within 24-48 hours.

I hope I don't get charged another month of FTTPoD as a result of the regrade being delayed.

Edited by Ixel (Mon 30-Mar-20 11:38:53)

(member) Tue 07-Apr-20 10:20:03
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

My Cerberus regrade (downgrade) finally went through yesterday after a week delay. BT are no longer showing any FTTP options for my address so looks like it was a safe option to regrade rather than try a cease and reprovide with BT.

Standard User rman
(regular) Tue 07-Apr-20 10:26:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by brookheather:
My Cerberus regrade (downgrade) finally went through yesterday after a week delay. BT are no longer showing any FTTP options for my address so looks like it was a safe option to regrade rather than try a cease and reprovide with BT.

Yeah the exact same for my line, no FTTP options showing.

My cerberus line ceased yesterday, and i've literally just this minute got off the phone with BT.

They weren't able to sign me up to the Full Fibre 900 package today, so we went with the safer option of putting me on their 330/50 service and i'll be able to regrade when it available again.

Bit annoying as was really looking forward to that but i guess still getting 20Mbit more on the upload for now. Mine should be live by Friday (normally 24hr). Not bad for 39.99 all in though.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 07-Apr-20 10:45:50
Print Post

Nice to hear. I called Cerberus as I'm on the advised 10th working day and they told me that my order is pretty much on hold until the end of the contract term (in approximately one week) - this is a BT Wholesale restriction and nothing Cerberus can workaround. Tuesday of next week should be when they can place the regrade order and I've been told that it should go through next day during the early hours of the morning. Apparently another circuit they manage has had a problem though, where it's out of contract on FTTPoD but BT Wholesale's system still refuses to see this and won't allow the regrade order to go through as intended, so hopefully I won't encounter this problem. I've been told I'll be kept informed of the progress.

Sadly a miscommunication it seems, I wasn't advised correctly by sales when regrading that I'd have to wait until the end of the contract's term, making it much longer than 10 working days (which isn't even a thing for a regrade, should just be next day).

As for BT, yeah it's the same for me. Even the dslchecker website doesn't work when checking my address. I guess it's related to the Coronavirus lockdown.

Edited by Ixel (Tue 07-Apr-20 10:46:40)

(member) Tue 07-Apr-20 11:11:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ixel:
Apparently another circuit they manage has had a problem though, where it's out of contract on FTTPoD but BT Wholesale's system still refuses to see this and won't allow the regrade order to go through as intended, so hopefully I won't encounter this problem.

They may be referring to my circuit as my regrade was rejected three times by BTW and they had to chase this with BTW - took a week before it was finally accepted.

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Tue 07-Apr-20 11:19:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ixel:
As for BT, yeah it's the same for me. Even the dslchecker website doesn't work when checking my address. I guess it's related to the Coronavirus lockdown.

Probably just a systems bug, and they don't have the right people around to fix it.

FWIW, dslchecker still shows WBC FTTP for my property using the number checker (as I also have a copper line for PSTN+FTTC). The address checker is completely down though.
Standard User F00tS0re
(member) Tue 07-Apr-20 11:26:23
Print Post

Cerberus have put a request in to have my ONT data corrected to show 4-port with available ports. Until then I'm stuck in FTTPoD unless I want to run the gauntlet of cease and restart or give up and do a regrade meaning I am then stuck with Cerberus on Port 1 for 12-months (meaning no BT 1Gbps).
They have said it can take a week, and then they will chase.
Once done I can put a second service on Port 2 (Acquiss or Cerberus) at the bottom end of the speed scale and then attempt to get BT to take on Port 1.

Certainly isn't easy. And FTTP clearly no where near ready for mainstream. Every time I have rung BT they have given me a different reason! I know things are difficult but surely the reason for not proceeding would be consistent.

Good luck all with switches/regrades/moves.

Dave
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to