General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rman
(regular) Tue 07-Apr-20 11:56:04
Print Post

Re: Moving from FTTPoD to FTTP

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by F00tS0re:
Cerberus have put a request in to have my ONT data corrected to show 4-port with available ports. Until then I'm stuck in FTTPoD unless I want to run the gauntlet of cease and restart or give up and do a regrade meaning I am then stuck with Cerberus on Port 1 for 12-months (meaning no BT 1Gbps).
They have said it can take a week, and then they will chase.
Once done I can put a second service on Port 2 (Acquiss or Cerberus) at the bottom end of the speed scale and then attempt to get BT to take on Port 1.

Certainly isn't easy. And FTTP clearly no where near ready for mainstream. Every time I have rung BT they have given me a different reason! I know things are difficult but surely the reason for not proceeding would be consistent.

Good luck all with switches/regrades/moves.

Dave

Yep i agree with you here, it's no way near ready for mainstream. I've received my BT sign up email stating my service wont be active till April 14th, though was told up to 3 days a few times on my calls with them.

Hopefully the up to 3 days is correct and not the email, horrible being on 4G!
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 07-Apr-20 18:18:01
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
Nice to hear. I called Cerberus as I'm on the advised 10th working day and they told me that my order is pretty much on hold until the end of the contract term (in approximately one week) - this is a BT Wholesale restriction and nothing Cerberus can workaround.
Given that FTTPoD is an Openreach product with its own specific contract with them (edit to clarify, "them" meaning BT Wholesale), I would expect it is them (edit "them" in this case meaning Openreach) rather than BT Wholesale blocking any change.

(Just an opinion smile).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 07-Apr-20 18:51:44)

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Tue 07-Apr-20 18:39:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

AAIU, Cerberus buy FTTPoD through BT Wholesale.

This is the reason they only offer the 330/30 variant: even though 330/50 FTTPoD is an Openreach product, BTW don't sell it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 07-Apr-20 18:47:30
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

And BT Wholesale have a contract with Openreach wink.

That's the underlying one, whatever the wholesaler.

Edit: I've edited my previous post to clarify smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 07-Apr-20 18:49:26)

Standard User rman
(regular) Wed 08-Apr-20 20:07:21
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

It'll be interesting to see what speeds i get on a like to for like connection but with the 50Mbit upload. I was getting about 285Mbit on the FTTPoD line, though it was over 300Mbit when my install was first completed.

I'm due to get my home hub tomorrow, but the activate date not till next tuesday. annoying when i was promised by Friday! BT will be getting a call tomorrow.

Edited by rman (Wed 08-Apr-20 20:08:13)

Standard User rman
(regular) Thu 09-Apr-20 14:07:25
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

Damn bank holiday, that's the reason by line not being activated till Tuesday. I have 100gb 4G data left, and we use almost bang on 20GB per day... should be a close one. The EE data add on's are a rip off!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to