General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 01-Jun-20 15:21:53
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 6

[re: isar] [link to this post]

OK, well good luck when it’s all done and dusted.

Standard User isar
(newbie) Tue 09-Jun-20 12:48:25
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

well my install was 24 hours ago and I am still unable to connect.. Cerberus say it's because openreach have not closed the order. the wait goes on.
Standard User isar
(newbie) Wed 10-Jun-20 16:20:10
Print Post

48 hours and still not working

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Alucidnation
(member) Wed 10-Jun-20 19:23:01
Print Post

Openreach really are dreadful.

Draytek 2862.
Standard User isar
(newbie) Wed 10-Jun-20 19:37:55
Print Post

[re: Alucidnation] [link to this post]

apparently there is exception on the Order which is preventing it form closing in supplier system and they have already raised to get sorted
Standard User pipcoo
(learned) Thu 11-Jun-20 10:48:29
Print Post

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

I was (am ) a member of the £39,000 quote club back a few years ago, I`m supposedly in a Fibre First area and part of Project Stratum in Northern Ireland so thought I`d get an updated quote to see if anything had changed and got this back from Cerebus

We have now received the estimate of the charges from BT. These are detailed below.

Estimated Build Cost: Unable to offer an estimate using desk survey tools. Onsite survey required to confirm charges

The build charge includes the estimate for the work and materials required to deliver the service. It also includes the connection charge.

Number of premises passed for FTTP: Unknown (Subject to survey)
Standard User isar
(newbie) Fri 12-Jun-20 10:28:49
Print Post

[re: pipcoo] [link to this post]

finally my service became active this morning
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Fri 12-Jun-20 11:31:08
Print Post

woohoo!!
Standard User darren_mccoy
(learned) Tue 16-Jun-20 19:31:49
Print Post

Congrats!!!!

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User thash1zn1t
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-20 21:51:53
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I put in for a desktop quote with Cerberus for FTTPoD a few weeks back. They have come back with a quote of £6200 ex VAT, number of premises past = 12. I am served by a pole outside my house which distribute 12 phone lines including mine to neighbours houses.

I am desperate to improve my current FTTC speeds of 15MB down 2 up. I am in a small village with FTTC but no FTTP as far as i am aware. looked up my cabinet number (4) and distance to the Exchange (Radnage but moved to Stokenchurch, very confusing)....By road i am 409M from the exchange and my cabinet is slightly closer and the DSLAM is 10M closer still.

My understanding is that the connection needs to be made from the aggregation node which i assume is under one of the two manhole covers across the road from the Exchange (one is 3 wide and one is 2 wide). but that is a total assumption on my part.

I have had a look at the desktop quote to real quote conversions listed on this forum and i am hopeful that if i go for the real quote it will come down but its going to cost me to find out. Is there any realistic way of ascertaining where the aggregation node is apart form asking the surveyor if and when he turns up?

If i pay for the real quote does that tie me into any firm commitments for the order and can you cancel if its too expensive? Also do you have to pay the full quote amount up front before the work starts?

thanks in advance, i am learning as fast as i can and this forum has been imvaluable, thankyou
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to