General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 04-Mar-20 17:00:25
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 6

[re: steveham] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by steveham:
That looks like it would make light work of it actually, we do have a digger and was dreading the mess it would make!

What depth were you able to get it to? I see it could potentially go down to ~900mm (just thinking of the plough possibly severing the fibre in the future).
The deepest I went down was around 600mm as I don't have the issue of ploughing, I agree if you do plough then you may need to look for a model that goes deeper or find a hire company that does a trencher attachment for a tractor.

Edited by dect (Wed 04-Mar-20 17:02:30)

Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 04-Mar-20 17:12:43
Print Post

Something else to consider.

If Openreach are supplying the joint boxes (product called Stakkabox) they come in sections that are 150mm deep, so make sure they supply enough sections if you're going down extra deep. Also the deeper you go the more drop in steps you need and after about 900mm I think you need a sump at the bottom.
Standard User steveham
(newbie) Wed 04-Mar-20 18:08:42
Print Post

[re: dect] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dect:
Something else to consider.

If Openreach are supplying the joint boxes (product called Stakkabox) they come in sections that are 150mm deep, so make sure they supply enough sections if you're going down extra deep. Also the deeper you go the more drop in steps you need and after about 900mm I think you need a sump at the bottom.

Openreach advised that it was possibly cheaper to build/source our own boxes as we were doing everything else anyway, stakkabox as you mention are around £80 per 150mm module from what I was able to find online.

We will likely opt for these from a local builders merchant https://www.moore-concrete.com/groundworks/concrete-... , It's precast and formed to Openreach spec and works out at around £90exVAT per 800mm deep box. Openreach will supply the lids

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 04-Mar-20 18:59:42
Print Post

We will likely opt for these from a local builders merchant https://www.moore-concrete.com/groundworks/concrete-... , It's precast and formed to Openreach spec and works out at around £90exVAT per 800mm deep box. Openreach will supply the lids
OK, I had read that Stakkabox (from Cubic) are the only Openreach approved Joint boxes product (other than brick built), even other Cubic products are not approved.
Standard User RSR1
(newbie) Wed 04-Mar-20 19:23:27
Print Post

My site survey was completed today, I was informed no extra construction work was required and all the ducting is clear.

So, as I understand it, itís a 700M~ run from the aggregation node and termination. Iíll wait for the final quote now to see what it comes out at which is interesting as on the desktop survey they have stated that the aggregation node was 200-399M away.

Has anyone had any 700M install costs just out of curiosity?
Standard User steveham
(newbie) Wed 04-Mar-20 19:29:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by dect:
OK, I had read that Stakkabox (from Cubic) are the only Openreach approved Joint boxes product (other than brick built), even other Cubic products are not approved.

Yeah, I think you could be right on that https://www.openreach.com/content/dam/openreach/open...

However I am happy taking the risk lol
Standard User dect
(experienced) Wed 04-Mar-20 21:24:03
Print Post

However I am happy taking the risk lol
Who dares wins I think Del boy once said laugh
Standard User steveham
(newbie) Thu 05-Mar-20 10:42:35
Print Post

Build quote arrived this morning following on site survey the other week. Happy things are finally moving.

Labour - £4,355.64
Stores - £3,801.54
Contract Labour - £1,676.64
Civils - £1,856.12
Civils Stores - £0
Tree Cutting- £0
Connection Charge - £990.00
Total Charges (excl. VAT) - £12,679.94

PP Deduction £ (1,800.00)
Survey Fee £ (250.00)

Total Charges Payable (excl. VAT) - £10,629.94
Gigabit Voucher - £(2,500.00)
Total Charges Payable (less Gb Voucher) - £8,129.94

Amvia have also been in contact and confirmed a second voucher can be applied for, for the other business property linked to my order. This brings the total build cost to £5,629.94

Will have a think over the next week or so whether this is viable financially

The FTTP gods have been kind, looks like we we'll be able to avail of the rural gigabit voucher of up to £3,500 https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/rural/ as we are in Band H according to the NISRA definitions.

Brings total install costs to £3,629.94

Will be proceeding with order.

Edited by steveham (Thu 05-Mar-20 10:44:53)

Standard User dect
(experienced) Fri 06-Mar-20 08:45:47
Print Post

The FTTP gods have been kind, looks like we we'll be able to avail of the rural gigabit voucher of up to £3,500 https://gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk/rural/ as we are in Band H according to the NISRA definitions.
Thats good news.

Anyone wanting to check if their post code is eligible for a Rural GBVS just need to pop their post code in the checker on the Rural GBVS web page
Standard User darren_mccoy
(learned) Fri 06-Mar-20 09:57:03
Print Post

My FTTPoD was activated in the middle of February and I was checking to see if my brother can order it (he lives next door). So far the BT wholesale checker only shows my address as being able to order. Does it just take a little time for everything to be updated or does he need to call someone to get the error fixed?

I have checked all the houses next to the pole and none of them can get it but me.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to