General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User E300
(learned) Fri 06-Mar-20 10:37:49
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD quotes, prices and general chat thread Part 6

[re: darren_mccoy] [link to this post]

It should happen at the same time as yours becomes available on the checkers, for my neighbours that was the case.

Did they say how many properties your install would pass, and/or give you a discount for passing other properties? Does your brothers house have a telephone line going to the same pole? How many telephone lines go to that pole as maybe there are more than lines than they have provided connections for, for example there may be an 8 port connector only and 12 lines to the pole.

Have you checked on dslchecker.bt.com to see what that says? There might be some delay in updating the records perhaps in some cases so it may happen later, otherwise you could ask your supplier to query it.
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Fri 06-Mar-20 11:36:41
Print Post

I would have expected you and the neighbours to go live on the checker at the same time. If it hasn't happened now, I don't think it's going to happen (without prodding from MrSaffron anyway)

If all houses are served by the same pole, and there's a multiport CBT, then it should be possible to get the database corrected. Also your survey final quotation should have said something about "properties passed", does it equal the number of properties served by the pole?
Standard User darren_mccoy
(learned) Fri 06-Mar-20 12:46:10
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

There were eight properties passed with three (including my brothers) coming from my pole.

Here's a pic.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Mar-20 12:57:18
Print Post

So making it available for the others has slipped down the back of the metaphorical sofa.

Pass the required details to Mr.Saffron via a PM and see if he can prod the correct folk to redress this .

(edit) My mistake ... email is preferred by the pokee apparently.

Edited by Zarjaz (Fri 06-Mar-20 13:00:25)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 06-Mar-20 15:30:18
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I'm just wondering about the FTTPoD info in the BTW checker, and whether the poster is referring to that rather than native FTTP entries.

What happens at premises that can get native FTTP, such as those neighbours now can. The FTTPoD line should surely not show it as available?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 06-Mar-20 15:36:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It a scooby Bob.

Standard User darren_mccoy
(learned) Fri 06-Mar-20 16:38:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I tried my address on BT fibre just out of interest and they said I can get FTTP. My neighbours on either side who are connected to the same pole can not.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User F00tS0re
(member) Sat 07-Mar-20 00:37:03
Print Post

[re: steveham] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by steveham:
That looks like it would make light work of it actually, we do have a digger and was dreading the mess it would make!

Who says you need mess with a digger. You just have to turf cut along a string line, joint, roll & lift the turf, and set aside, then dig. Went down a treat and with 2-months you couldn't see where we had been.
No mess here

Looks like a decent length to cut though, we only did 200m like this.

Openreach provided ducting for my job, and it was all 3m sections. A drum roll hung from the tele handler would have been easier than slotting all the bits together. If they are doing the ducting might be worth an ask.

Good luck

Dave
Standard User RSR1
(newbie) Tue 10-Mar-20 21:17:55
Print Post

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

I had my site survey quote, so pretty quick service today.

Labour £5,122.00
Contract Labour £0.00
Civils £750.00
Stores £3,849.00
BT Connection Charge £495.00
Deduction £-900.00
Field Survey charge paid £-250.00

Total

£9,066.00 +VAT

I really need to have a think about how to proceed, as I also have a TT Business leased line quote and thats coming out at around the same price for a 36 month contract.

I seems alot of money for a 700m ~ fiber run on a fairly straight forward job.
Standard User brookheather
(member) Tue 10-Mar-20 21:23:11
Print Post

[re: RSR1] [link to this post]

RSR1 - can you not claim a £2500 Gigabit voucher to reduce the price?

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to