General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 10:35:53
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: rman] [link to this post]

Yeah understandable, I'd do the same if it wasn't for the fact I need a static IP range. One thing I'll be asking sales is the likely hard limit for bandwidth usage in a month.

EDIT: Clarified, basically would have to consume a lot and it would have to be network affecting before I'd receive a warning. I generally consume around 1TB a month so nothing for me to think about.

Edited by Ixel (Tue 24-Mar-20 11:56:51)

Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Tue 24-Mar-20 10:40:25
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
Yeah understandable, I'd do the same if it wasn't for the fact I need a static IP range. One thing I'll be asking sales is the likely hard limit for bandwidth usage in a month.

Can I ask what are you doing at home that needs a static IP?
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 11:54:12
Print Post

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

I run a bunch of game servers, email server, PBX, a small web server. Rather than renting them out I use my own hardware. These are pretty much for personal use.

Edited by Ixel (Tue 24-Mar-20 11:56:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Tue 24-Mar-20 11:56:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ixel:
I run a bunch of game servers, email server, PBX, a small web server. Rather than renting them out I use my own hardware.

Ah makes sense then smile It is a shame BT retail don't offer static IPs. I would love one but get by with dynamic DNS.
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Tue 24-Mar-20 14:39:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Works in plenty of other oountries around the world, and even some ISP doing symmetric Gigabit over GPON in the UK

This really irks me. I wouldn't need 900mb down if the upload of 500 was better.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 15:27:06
Print Post

Well I've put in a regrade order, but it's going to take 7 to 10 working days apparently to process it :x. Guess I need to be patient. Assuming it starts counting from tomorrow, that should be between the 2nd and 7th of next month.

Edited by Ixel (Tue 24-Mar-20 15:35:55)

Standard User robg1701
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 17:54:45
Print Post

I spent about 90mins trying today using a couple different numbers, on hold for ages a few times. I got through a couple times. I also got put on hold inbetween those to pass to the fibre team (even though thats the number I used to start with) but that seemed to timed out after around 20mins.

In both cases I spoke to someone the best they could offer me was £65 for Fibre 500 and £70 for Fibre 900, respectively £5 and £10 more than my current Fibre 250 which is about to go off-contract. I asked for better and noted how many folks were getting it for much better, but no budging. They did offer me to continue unchanged for £45 even though thats less than new customers can get 'Fibre 500 for the same price as 300' hehe.

Those prices for the new tiers make no sense (both more than the off-contract pricing for 2 years away, only £5 diff between the two rather than usual 10, etc) and I am definitely not giving them more than I do now when so many can or already did get them for less than that. I am tempted by the £45 Fibre 250 rate, since 330mbit is fast enough really, but I will mull it over before entering into an annoyingly long contract (24m, vs prev 18m) with thwm, and perhaps even wait for Sky to launch theirs. BT messed me around a bit when I got this and arent being so friendly this time round either, so its possibly time to reward their efforts by leaving.
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Tue 24-Mar-20 17:57:07
Print Post

[re: robg1701] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by robg1701:
I spent about 90mins trying today using a couple different numbers, on hold for ages a few times. I got through a couple times. I also got put on hold inbetween those to pass to the fibre team (even though thats the number I used to start with) but that seemed to timed out after around 20mins.

In both cases I spoke to someone the best they could offer me was £65 for Fibre 500 and £70 for Fibre 900, respectively £5 and £10 more than my current Fibre 250 which is about to go off-contract. I asked for better and noted how many folks were getting it for much better, but no budging. They did offer me to continue unchanged for £45 even though thats less than new customers can get 'Fibre 500 for the same price as 300' hehe.

Those prices for the new tiers make no sense (both more than the off-contract pricing for 2 years away, only £5 diff between the two rather than usual 10, etc) and I am definitely not giving them more than I do now when so many can or already did get them for less than that. I am tempted by the £45 Fibre 250 rate, since 330mbit is fast enough really, but I will mull it over before entering into an annoyingly long contract (24m, vs prev 18m) with thwm, and perhaps even wait for Sky to launch theirs. BT messed me around a bit when I got this and arent being so friendly this time round either, so its possibly time to reward their efforts by leaving.

So they can't even get their own pricing right. It clearly says on their website. £49.99 and £59.99.

http://prntscr.com/rm1xfh
Standard User robg1701
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 18:43:56
Print Post

Which I of course also noted, no effect. They didnt actually play the 'thats only for new customers' card which surprised me a little, it was simply 'this is all your account lets me offer you and I cant do better'. One stated right up front that he was going to look and give me the best deals he could to avoid any haggling, but of course it was the same lousy price as before hehe.

I cant actually do anything online either as it seems some folks can. The regular ordering section offers me them before I log in but says 'no, existing customer' upon checkout, while once I log in as instructed to see deals for existing cusomers the regular section shows nothing and the deals section fails to return anything and says I have to phone. Ho hum, typical.

Edited by robg1701 (Tue 24-Mar-20 18:44:51)

Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Tue 24-Mar-20 18:45:22
Print Post

[re: robg1701] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by robg1701:
Which I of course also noted, no effect. They didnt actually play the 'thats only for new customers' card which surprised me a little, it was simply 'this is all your account lets me offer you and I cant do better'. One stated right up front that he was going to look and give me the best deals he could to avoid any haggling, but of course it was the same [censored] price as before hehe.

I cant actually do anything online either as it seems some folks can. The regular ordering section offers me them before I log in but says 'no, existing customer' upon checkout, while once I log in as instructed to see deals for existing cusomers the regular section shows nothing and the deals section fails to return anything and says I have to phone. Ho hum, typical.

Yes I couldn't order online either. I'm shocked that they couldn't do those prices.I wouldn't have ordered out of principle.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to