General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User threelegs
(member) Tue 24-Mar-20 19:12:19
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

never fails to amaze me that companies seem to go out of their way to p*ss off existing customers instead of rewarding them for being a customer in the first place. if you have been with bt (say) for years probably in most cases why not reward that unending loyaylty and offer good prices lower than new customers can get.and when the new customers have a couple of years under their belt keep them with a good offer.
Standard User robg1701
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 19:14:13
Print Post

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

Yep, I didnt and wont pay them any more than I already am now. Either they offer the deals everyone else seems to have got or I simply go without Fibre 500 or 900. I will likely either pay a good chunk less for what I have, or if sky launch soon enough I could instead just leave. Either way, in the long run BT are essentially just depriving themselves of some or all of my existing payment.

My area couldnt get 1000mbit FTTP until very recently (this month I think), so I didnt actually expect to be able to order the new products anyway when they launched, it was a pleasant surprise that I would be able to. I know I will very rarely make any real use of something faster than the 330 I have so I dont need the 500/1000, just want hehe. I only had ~3.3mbit until 18 months ago so this still seems ridiculously fast no matter what I have wink
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Mar-20 19:51:49
Print Post

[re: robg1701] [link to this post]

Well I just got off the phone with BT, was only waiting for 13 mins, so not too bad.

Sadly their systems (to him) was down so he couldn't even do a speed check, but he could see that both the new packages was available for us, but at this time he couldn't process our order / upgrade.

But the guy did confirm that the prices shown was the price that I would pay and that they also include line rental, so if you have the line rental saver just subtract £19.99 from that price.

I was also told to wait 24 hours and try phoning again or try doing it online, I did tell him that I never use the online ordering due to you cannot ask for a good deal / haggle like I have always done in the past with success.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User robg1701
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 21:27:57
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

To be clear, when you say "the prices shown was the price that I would pay", what prices exactly and from which section of the site? £49.99 and 59.99 from the initial 'not logged in availability check' after giving a postcode + address? Or some other price from your specific 'logged in deals area'?

I'd love to order online but cant. It seems entirely backwards to ever have to call them. I've yet to successfully get a better deal from phoning them at any point either and the only typical result has been time wasting, except the time they called me and screwed me out of getting a reward card. Yay BT.
Standard User rman
(regular) Tue 24-Mar-20 21:31:25
Print Post

Could you be without internet for a few days (use 4g maybe), could cancel and then sign up again as a new customer.

I got screwed when out of a new customer reward card when i moved house, i should of signed up for a new line instead of doing the house switch.

My cerberus line is due to cease on April 6th, and at that point i'll be ordering with BT instantly with the default username/password set awaiting activation (pfsense).
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Mar-20 21:48:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by robg1701:
To be clear, when you say "the prices shown was the price that I would pay", what prices exactly and from which section of the site? £49.99 and 59.99 from the initial 'not logged in availability check' after giving a postcode + address? Or some other price from your specific 'logged in deals area'?

Those prices are the same when logged in and out, I asked the guy on the phone if I upgraded to the "Full Fibre 900" would it be £59.99 p/m that is listed on the site, he checked and said yes, I then asked if that price also included the Line Rental and he said all the prices include line rental.

I'd love to order online but cant. It seems entirely backwards to ever have to call them. I've yet to successfully get a better deal from phoning them at any point either and the only typical result has been time wasting, except the time they called me and screwed me out of getting a reward card. Yay BT.

I have not tried to do the ordering online due to I want to see if I can get a better deal, plus I didn't want anything to screw our connection up. But like I have said, I have always phoned them and got a better deal than what's advertised.

Paul

Standard User robg1701
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 21:51:08
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

I probably could, although it would be far from ideal at this point (working from home, and most other regular activities now out for a while hehe). The idea had occurred to me, but the mere thought of doing it would be just another reason for me to leave and not come back.

It was a new line in a new build, which didnt show on the website and so couldnt be ordered...they called me, completed the order, and only later said this meant no reward card. They also did it on the only day that they werent charging £5 less for the package, it had went up in price when an offer expiredd and then it went back down afterwards. They wouldnt do anything for me in either case. I really won the lottery that time wink
Standard User robg1701
(committed) Tue 24-Mar-20 22:07:16
Print Post

Ok, they must really not like me then (see also, last post hehe), there was simply no possibility they were giving me anything like those prices.

I see the same prices when I give the site my address for the availability check, you just cant complete an order if you try. When logged in, if I go to the deals section it just says there arent any personalised pffers, phone us.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Mar-20 00:37:14
Print Post

Ok, they must really not like me then (see also, last post hehe), there was simply no possibility they were giving me anything like those prices.

It might just be you had somebody having a bad day, they might of had a bad call before yours.

Also I think its where they know I will put up a fuss and not give up, I know now and then when talking to them I hear a different tone after they have read the notes on the account, which will probably say I pestered the CEO and Chairman of BT via email and phone calls on a weekly and some times daily basis (for up to 5 years), also got my local MP involved at one point.

This resulted in them enabling the FTTP for us back end of 2016 (wow don't time go by fast).

But I think it might also be where I am polite but firm, I am never rude to them.

At the end of the day being rude will get you nowhere, that's probably why I have got results for neighbours and friends when enquiring about peoples fibre issues in the past via Twitter.

Plus I work out what I am going to say before hand and possible outcomes, these have helped in the past.

I see the same prices when I give the site my address for the availability check, you just cant complete an order if you try. When logged in, if I go to the deals section it just says there arent any personalised pffers, phone us.

Well the personalised deals page errors out on us which it has done for years (BT has no clue why) which was why I originally started to phone them for the personalised deals.

Plus BT have told me in the past to just phone up to do an upgrade and that you might be able to get a better deal when speaking to them directly.

Paul

Standard User robg1701
(committed) Wed 25-Mar-20 08:35:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
It might just be you had somebody having a bad day, they might of had a bad call before yours.

True, though I did get through twice via different numbers and although the conversations were fairly different the end result was a similar repeated 'account says this is what I can offer you, I cant do better' . Both were perfectly pleasant and seemed keen to help, but just couldnt offer me better.

But I think it might also be where I am polite but firm, I am never rude to them.

Indeed, I'm not rude either, I know the person on the other end is simply filling a role and is but a small cog in the machine. Its certainly not their fault the system is broken smile

Well the personalised deals page errors out on us which it has done for years (BT has no clue why) which was why I originally started to phone them for the personalised deals.

Plus BT have told me in the past to just phone up to do an upgrade and that you might be able to get a better deal when speaking to them directly.

Thats the same for me then, on the deals page and the 'phone us for better deal' messaging when speaking to them. Alas, I have never got a better deal out of them on the phone, more the reverse.

I'm not as committed as you on the pestering though hehe, especially in this case when I freely admit the faster connection isnt really a need, just mostly an 'ohh, shiny' want and desiring beter value from getting more for the same/less money, since its apparently the new norm which others can clearly get.

Maybe it will change when the contract actually expires soon, though that would seem strange, and annoy given how much they have been contacting me about renewing for weeks (which I didnt, since I knew all this was coming)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to