General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.


Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DrSteve
(regular) Wed 25-Mar-20 08:49:39
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: robg1701] [link to this post]
 
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread. I'm on Zen 300 which is looking very expensive in comparison to these new offerings.
When I put my details into the BT site it's offering me the top Full Fibre 900 package however the BT ADSL checker shows my line at 330/500 maximum.
Don't want to progress an order to be told I'll be on the same speed as before.
Standard User dogcat
(newbie) Wed 25-Mar-20 08:56:41
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: DrSteve] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by DrSteve:
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread. I'm on Zen 300 which is looking very expensive in comparison to these new offerings.
When I put my details into the BT site it's offering me the top Full Fibre 900 package however the BT ADSL checker shows my line at 330/500 maximum.
Don't want to progress an order to be told I'll be on the same speed as before.


Don't do any orders to switch suppliers at the moment tbh. Given the MBORC status Openreach issued due to COVID-19 they are asking suppliers not to switch customers and also given the work restrictions things could mess up. Wait till the lockdown is over - whenever that will be.
Standard User hmsq
(committed) Wed 25-Mar-20 09:25:28
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: robg1701] [link to this post]
 
I spent all Monday on the phone to them, and they always said the system only allows me to charge £73.99 to your account, even though website stated otherwise. So they put it through at £73.99 and was told I would receive email with the adjustment to £59.99 but I can't see it yet in my account. However my product is already active. Will wait a few more days and then call them up regarding price.


Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Mar-20 09:37:38
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: dogcat] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by dogcat:
In reply to a post by DrSteve:
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread. I'm on Zen 300 which is looking very expensive in comparison to these new offerings.
When I put my details into the BT site it's offering me the top Full Fibre 900 package however the BT ADSL checker shows my line at 330/500 maximum.
Don't want to progress an order to be told I'll be on the same speed as before.


Don't do any orders to switch suppliers at the moment tbh. Given the MBORC status Openreach issued due to COVID-19 they are asking suppliers not to switch customers and also given the work restrictions things could mess up. Wait till the lockdown is over - whenever that will be.


Not sure this advice matches the MBORC.

A change of provider or product tier over the same medium (FTTP) is done remotely and is no risk to engineers or the end user.

It's upgrades from ADSL to FTTC, or new FTTP installs that require engineers to enter properties that will be scaled back or stopped.

OpenReach currently intend on completing already booked FTTP installs at present but that may change.

A switch from an existing OpenReach FTTP service to another OpenReach FTTP should not require any work.
The migration process isn't ideal and can require a cease of 1 service then an activation of the other in some cases, with possible downtime.
It shouldn't need want engineer intervention though.

Edited by j0hn83 (Wed 25-Mar-20 09:38:27)

Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Wed 25-Mar-20 10:07:18
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]
 
I dont think any existing bookings for FTTP install will be going ahead from what ive read on the BT forums, i have one booked for 3rd April but im not going to bank on it, I am fortunate to have been on mobile broadband for the last year and currently have EE & 3 sims taking the load.
Its a shame that they couldnt just splice the ONT connectors outside the property and then id happily drill a big hole in the wall to poke it through and id install the ONT inside myself, but I know that wont happen.
Their safety is much more important than my need. It will hopefully all get back to normal sometime this year.
On the plus side this self isolation is my normal day, been working from home for almost a decade.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Mar-20 10:19:36
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]
 
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/03/covid-...

Some people with FTTP installs due soon, such as those in the process of a house move, had asked what might happen to them. Openreach informs us that they will be trying to complete all orders where an appointment has already been booked.

The operator added that those customers who have no other form of broadband or telephony available will probably be dealt with via escalation channels jointly with their ISP to find a solution, preferably one that doesn’t require a home visit.


They're in my street as I speak installing splitter nodes in a couple of the chambers.

My brother does new installs for Fibre First in Edinburgh and is in customers homes today connecting them up.

Situation might change but currently arranged appointments are intended on being completed.
Standard User rman
(regular) Wed 25-Mar-20 11:05:27
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: dogcat] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by dogcat:
In reply to a post by DrSteve:
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere in the thread. I'm on Zen 300 which is looking very expensive in comparison to these new offerings.
When I put my details into the BT site it's offering me the top Full Fibre 900 package however the BT ADSL checker shows my line at 330/500 maximum.
Don't want to progress an order to be told I'll be on the same speed as before.


Don't do any orders to switch suppliers at the moment tbh. Given the MBORC status Openreach issued due to COVID-19 they are asking suppliers not to switch customers and also given the work restrictions things could mess up. Wait till the lockdown is over - whenever that will be.


oh dear, i've just cancelled my cerberus line.. this wont need an engineer visit so im really hoping all will be ok!
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Wed 25-Mar-20 11:10:46
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: rman] [link to this post]
 
All being well it should be, but I'm somewhat glad I didn't go down the cancellation route as it may have complicated matters due to the recent Openreach news. That being said, I still need to wait 7 to 10 working days for a mere change in speed haha. I don't imagine that getting delayed, I hope anyway!
Standard User sparkymark75
(regular) Wed 25-Mar-20 11:11:24
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: Ixel] [link to this post]
 
Spent an hour this morning on hold, finally spoke to someone who couldn't access the faster speeds on my account so transferred me through to offline sales. Spent another hour waiting to speak to them. They did a "tech check" and said the fastest I could get was what I was already on, the 300Mb package. And yet when I put my postcode into the BT website, it states I can get up to Full Fibre 900. I wish some other ISPs would hurry up and rollout FTTP, sick of BTs customer service. I very rarely have to contact them, but when I do, its always an uphill struggle.
Standard User robg1701
(committed) Wed 25-Mar-20 12:00:20
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out


[re: hmsq] [link to this post]
 
In reply to a post by hmsq:
I spent all Monday on the phone to them, and they always said the system only allows me to charge £73.99 to your account, even though website stated otherwise. So they put it through at £73.99 and was told I would receive email with the adjustment to £59.99 but I can't see it yet in my account. However my product is already active. Will wait a few more days and then call them up regarding price.


I didnt get any such option/suggestion but I very likely wouldnt have proceeded if it were raised in that manner, given the outcomes of most dealings I have had with them.

I hope you do get your adjustment without further hassle!
Pages in this thread: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to