General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Thu 26-Mar-20 10:41:19
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Nice. I wonder how it is some ISP's can process regrades a lot faster (e.g. within 24-48 hours) compared to 7 to 10 working days.

Oh well, good luck on it and hopefully your connection change will be done the 27th as stated smile.
Standard User sparkymark75
(regular) Thu 26-Mar-20 10:47:49
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
In reply to a post by sparkymark75:
So the BT site states I can get the 500 or 900 packages that have just been released. However when I go to https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ it states Upto 330 for the WBC FTTP product.

Is this wrong or do they still need to upgrade something at the exchange?

Well I am on Full Fibre (FTTP) and up until today it was showing the Full Fibre 900 package for us, even the BT Guy confirmed it was available, but now its only showing up to Superfast Fibre 2 (i.e. 74Mb) so BT Site is broken at the moment.

Also the DSL Checker is down for me too.

I am due to phone them again today to upgrade from 300Mb to the 910Mb package, I will post what they say.

Paul

I spent 2 hours on hold to them yesterday and when I did finally speak to someone in "offlice sales", she said the system was only showing 300Mb as the fastest I could get. I know it's the ultimate first world problem so I'll just wait. I'm out of contract and paying £59.99 pm for what I'm on. She did offer it to me for £45 pm but I'd have to take out a 2 year contract and I've read of people in contract who upgrade speeds having to pay the full price for it so I've just hung off for now.
(regular) Thu 26-Mar-20 11:03:00
Print Post

Just waiting for BT Staff to start work before I phone to do the upgrade.

Ok, just got off the phone to BT (total time 1h, 30m), I spoke to the FTTP Sales Team which took about 15 mins in the queue, sadly after 20 mins explaining the issues and them doing the tests etc, due to issues possibly on our account they couldn't process my order.

At this point I was a bit disappointed, but I don't give up so easily LOL

So I asked if I could be put through to their offline team that has fixed ordering issues for us before, was in another queue for about 30 to 40 mins, I ended up being put through to the Sales Support Team where I spoke to a lovely lady who said that they have master control on the system and that they deal with orders that have issues processing orders etc.

*** Here comes the good news ***
I can confirm its available and that ours is scheduled to go live at midnight on the 27th so on, so on Saturday we "should" be live.
And then another day or two for the new Smart Hub to arrive, but my current router "should" be fine.

Now as for the pricing, I won't say how much we will be paying (might be a special price for us), but it was less than the £59.99 p/m (inc line rental) that was displayed on their site.

Seems we will be paying the exact same price we was paying for our 300Mb connection, maybe our old price was not as cheap as it could be who knows.

So now the wait continues, I will post speedtests once it goes live.

Paul

Good that you were able to get something sorted. Its frustrating the lack of consistency you get when calling. I'm on hold again to see if I can get any further today.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(regular) Thu 26-Mar-20 11:11:46
Print Post

[re: sparkymark75] [link to this post]

Still no further forward. The only thing that's improved is the wait times on the phone!

She was adamant the fastest I could get was what I was on and wouldn't transfer me to the sales support team. She even then had the cheek to offer to sign me up for a contract for the same price as I'm paying just now!

We badly need a bit of competition in the FTTP sector, not only for prices but just for alternatives as BT, while I have never had technical issues, their customer service is garbage.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Mar-20 11:22:34
Print Post

Still no further forward. The only thing that's improved is the wait times on the phone!

She was adamant the fastest I could get was what I was on and wouldn't transfer me to the sales support team. She even then had the cheek to offer to sign me up for a contract for the same price as I'm paying just now!

We badly need a bit of competition in the FTTP sector, not only for prices but just for alternatives as BT, while I have never had technical issues, their customer service is garbage.

Ouch, what does the BT DSL Checker say is available to your address?
The DSL Checker is down to me so I cannot check any addresses but I can check by NAD Key and District ID's fine, so the issue is their end.

Paul

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Mar-20 11:27:20
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
Nice. I wonder how it is some ISP's can process regrades a lot faster (e.g. within 24-48 hours) compared to 7 to 10 working days.

Oh well, good luck on it and hopefully your connection change will be done the 27th as stated smile.

Yeah I did wonder that myself, when we upgraded to FTTP a few of our neighbours also upgraded to FTTP the same time as us, 2 being with other providers and all the BT ones was done within a few days for the first install and then another 7 days for the internal work, now those with other ISP had to wait longer.

So there are differences it seems.

Yeah I am sure it will go live on the 27th at midnight, but we did have the FTTP go live the day before they said it would go live, so who knows.

Paul

(regular) Thu 26-Mar-20 11:28:50
Print Post

Ouch, what does the BT DSL Checker say is available to your address?
The DSL Checker is down to me so I cannot check any addresses but I can check by NAD Key and District ID's fine, so the issue is their end.

Paul

The DSL checker for me says the same today as it did yesterday.

WBC FTTP Upto 330 Upto 50 -- Available KCI2 Assure --

However, the BT website now says the fastest I can get is Fibre2 (74Mb), despite being on a faster package than this for the past 2 years. Their systems appear to be screwed!
Standard User rman
(regular) Thu 26-Mar-20 11:38:34
Print Post

Just waiting for BT Staff to start work before I phone to do the upgrade.

Ok, just got off the phone to BT (total time 1h, 30m), I spoke to the FTTP Sales Team which took about 15 mins in the queue, sadly after 20 mins explaining the issues and them doing the tests etc, due to issues possibly on our account they couldn't process my order.

At this point I was a bit disappointed, but I don't give up so easily LOL

So I asked if I could be put through to their offline team that has fixed ordering issues for us before, was in another queue for about 30 to 40 mins, I ended up being put through to the Sales Support Team where I spoke to a lovely lady who said that they have master control on the system and that they deal with orders that have issues processing orders etc.

*** Here comes the good news ***
I can confirm its available and that ours is scheduled to go live at midnight on the 27th so on, so on Saturday we "should" be live.
And then another day or two for the new Smart Hub to arrive, but my current router "should" be fine.

Now as for the pricing, I won't say how much we will be paying (might be a special price for us), but it was less than the £59.99 p/m (inc line rental) that was displayed on their site.

Seems we will be paying the exact same price we was paying for our 300Mb connection, maybe our old price was not as cheap as it could be who knows.

So now the wait continues, I will post speedtests once it goes live.

Paul

Interesting, i was passed over to the Sales Support team the other day regarding a query i had. I was told they have access to a different system that the first line sales team don't have.
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Thu 26-Mar-20 11:39:03
Print Post

I spent 2 hours on hold to them yesterday and when I did finally speak to someone in "offlice sales", she said the system was only showing 300Mb as the fastest I could get.

The unlucky few - about 50,000 properties - are on ECI OLTs which won't provide faster than 300M (because the interconnects are 1G not 10G)

Can you see on your ONT what the manufacturer is? It's not always the case, but if you've got an ECI ONT then it's more likely an ECI OLT at the exchange end.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Thu 26-Mar-20 12:01:30
Print Post

I thought I'd check what my address showed up as on BT's website. Today it says I can't get full fibre although the other day it said I could get Fibre 1000. So something is screwed up at the moment (at BT Wholesale's side?).

I checked another ISP's 'checker' and it tells me I'm able to get 1000/220 as the DSL checker would also normally do if it was working. their checker even tells me my ONT serial number, location notes, status of the ports, and such, but I do have a login which their more 'detailed' checker requires. The more basic checker which doesn't require a login doesn't show that kind of information when checking an address.

These things are bound to happen with the Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown I guess, patience is a virtue.
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to