General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User johnnyuk
(newbie) Thu 26-Mar-20 16:46:18
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

Anyone seen the Vodafone latest? Seems to imply a symmetrical 900Mbps connection!
Standard User sparkymark75
(regular) Thu 26-Mar-20 17:02:50
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
In reply to a post by sparkymark75:
My ONT is behind a unit so I can't get access to the back of it. It does look like this one..

Have you tried the CodeLook site, they seem to be correct for ours.
  1. Just enter your post code, click on Lookup Post Code
  2. Click on the Locality link for your post code in the list that shows up below
  3. Now at the top of the page that loads click on the All x Fibre Cabinets
  4. Scroll down the list and look for your cabinet number and now look at the vendor, that should by what hardware you are using.

The hardware for ours shows Huawei, my bets is your will say ECI.

Paul

Thanks, did that. And bizarrely it's listed as Openreach fibre not available. Despite me having had FTTP since late 2017! I do see a mixture of Huawei and ECI.

Edited by sparkymark75 (Thu 26-Mar-20 17:21:06)

Standard User Ixel
(committed) Thu 26-Mar-20 17:12:45
Print Post

[re: sparkymark75] [link to this post]

Beware that this may not be correct in all situations. For example, I have an ECI FTTC cabinet but the OLT and ONT are both Huawei (for FTTP). Codelook recognises that some of the postcode has FTTP (from my FTTPoD build) but doesn't seem to recognise that it's Huawei technology.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Thu 26-Mar-20 17:18:03
Print Post

[re: johnnyuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by johnnyuk:
Anyone seen the Vodafone latest? Seems to imply a symmetrical 900Mbps connection!

It is, for peak speed. But it's still just GPON (2.4G down, 1.2G up, shared between up to 32 users) so the upstream in particular is highly contended.
Standard User johnnyuk
(newbie) Thu 26-Mar-20 18:33:39
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

But still good for £40 a month?
Standard User busterboy
(committed) Thu 26-Mar-20 19:20:56
Print Post

[re: johnnyuk] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by johnnyuk:
But still good for £40 a month?

It certainly is and what's more the other contenders haven't shown their cards yet. tongue

BTBroadband
Standard User robg1701
(committed) Thu 26-Mar-20 22:26:34
Print Post

Just waiting for BT Staff to start work before I phone to do the upgrade.

Ok, just got off the phone to BT (total time 1h, 30m), I spoke to the FTTP Sales Team which took about 15 mins in the queue, sadly after 20 mins explaining the issues and them doing the tests etc, due to issues possibly on our account they couldn't process my order.

At this point I was a bit disappointed, but I don't give up so easily LOL

So I asked if I could be put through to their offline team that has fixed ordering issues for us before, was in another queue for about 30 to 40 mins, I ended up being put through to the Sales Support Team where I spoke to a lovely lady who said that they have master control on the system and that they deal with orders that have issues processing orders etc.

*** Here comes the good news ***
I can confirm its available and that ours is scheduled to go live at midnight on the 27th so on, so on Saturday we "should" be live.
And then another day or two for the new Smart Hub to arrive, but my current router "should" be fine.

Now as for the pricing, I won't say how much we will be paying (might be a special price for us), but it was less than the £59.99 p/m (inc line rental) that was displayed on their site.

Seems we will be paying the exact same price we was paying for our 300Mb connection, maybe our old price was not as cheap as it could be who knows.

So now the wait continues, I will post speedtests once it goes live.

Paul

Now you are just taking the mick smile

I might give it another shot at some point, as you are now *yet another* person to get it for less than the listed £59.99, vs them keep offering it to me for 70.

I guess perhaps you are a further person (at least 3 so far) to get it at 55? At least that was the 'special' price it was every day of the week except the one they called me on to complete my order in 2018.

They had been selling the 330mbit for £50 at least in recent weeks, making their '500 for the same price as 300' note on the new listings about the only thing theyve been consistent on (other than the fact they now offer to price the 300 at £45 for those of us who already have it tongue)
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Mar-20 00:16:58
Print Post

[re: robg1701] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by robg1701:
Now you are just taking the mick smile

LOL, well its not gone live yet so anything can happen still, MyBT says the new contract starts on the 27th, I assume that midnight on the 27th, the SmartHub 2 which will probably stay in it box until needed is in transit still.

I also asked for a return bag to send the old SmartHub (still in its box), I didn't need to return it due to that wasn't in the terms when I was given it, but I did tell them they won't get it any time soon due to I cannot go out, she told me no rush.

I might give it another shot at some point, as you are now *yet another* person to get it for less than the listed £59.99, vs them keep offering it to me for 70.

Yeah I did say to the Sales Support Lady that some people are being told a price way higher than the price quoted on the site, she didn't seem shocked.

I guess perhaps you are a further person (at least 3 so far) to get it at 55? At least that was the 'special' price it was every day of the week except the one they called me on to complete my order in 2018.

What makes you think we got it for £55 LOL, or was that the 300Mb pricing, I don't track the pricing once we have renewed, I know the price was very good at the time and was a lot lower than what was shown on teh site at the time.

They had been selling the 330mbit for £50 at least in recent weeks, making their '500 for the same price as 300' note on the new listings about the only thing theyve been consistent on (other than the fact they now offer to price the 300 at £45 for those of us who already have it tongue)

Yeah when I saw the 500Mb for the price of 300Mb, we was going to go for that if the price for the Full Fibre 900 was quoted more than what was displayed, at least there shouldn't be a price increase going from 300 to 500, so I was shocked when she told me the price for the 900.

Paul

Standard User robg1701
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 09:05:57
Print Post

What makes you think we got it for £55 LOL, or was that the 300Mb pricing, I don't track the pricing once we have renewed, I know the price was very good at the time and was a lot lower than what was shown on teh site at the time.

£54.99 is the cheapest I think I've seen folks admit to getting Fibre 900 for (more than 5 people now I think). Thats also what they were charging [everyone else except me] around Sept/Oct 20018 for the 330mbit.

I was also trying to tease your number out wink
Standard User robg1701
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 09:39:34
Print Post

[re: robg1701] [link to this post]

Success! After [another] 90mins on the phone this morning with them, I have a Fibre 900 order under way for £57.99.

I got through within a couple of minutes at 8am this morning, got a nice lady who tried hard to assist me but couldnt, as 'The System' said I couldnt even get Fibre 900 or even Fibre 500, despite them already trying to sell me it and the website still saying I could when I tried it fresh (I omitted to mention that I tried twice in different browsers and one didnt offer it!). She tried to discuss it herself with the support team while I was on hold, but after another 20mins said she would need to pass me off to their queue. She did so with notes that included that I should be charged 59.99.

I held for ages again and got through to the sales support team. They spent a loooong time verifying that I could indeed get Fibre 900 and said that they would match the 59.99 on the site. They spent a loooong time again trying to place the order, and came back to say they were having issues but still trying. Eventually they came back and reported it was done, except for one small issue, that 'The System' wouldnt let them charge me £59.99. So they charged me £57.99 instead, lol.

Edited by robg1701 (Fri 27-Mar-20 09:42:51)

Pages in this thread: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to