General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chipmunk77
(newbie) Fri 27-Mar-20 10:40:31
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
LOL, well its not gone live yet so anything can happen still, MyBT says the new contract starts on the 27th, I assume that midnight on the 27th, the SmartHub 2 which will probably stay in it box until needed is in transit still.

Surprised they're still taking orders tbh - my upgrade from Monday is stuck. Maybe just luck of the draw and others have gone through, I don't know.

Edited by Chipmunk77 (Fri 27-Mar-20 10:41:02)

Standard User busterboy
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 11:04:25
Print Post

[re: robg1701] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by robg1701:
except for one small issue, that 'The System' wouldnt let them charge me £59.99. So they charged me £57.99 instead, lol.

One happy bunny this morning then. laugh

Winner Winner Chicken dinner. laugh

BTBroadband
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Fri 27-Mar-20 11:08:16
Print Post

[re: Chipmunk77] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chipmunk77:
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
LOL, well its not gone live yet so anything can happen still, MyBT says the new contract starts on the 27th, I assume that midnight on the 27th, the SmartHub 2 which will probably stay in it box until needed is in transit still.

Surprised they're still taking orders tbh - my upgrade from Monday is stuck. Maybe just luck of the draw and others have gone through, I don't know.

Mine was activated on Tuesday.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Mar-20 11:35:07
Print Post

£54.99 is the cheapest I think I've seen folks admit to getting Fibre 900 for (more than 5 people now I think). Thats also what they were charging [everyone else except me] around Sept/Oct 20018 for the 330mbit.

I was also trying to tease your number out wink

Yeah that's what we was paying for our 300Mb connection smile

Paul

Standard User robg1701
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 11:45:05
Print Post

Thought it would be. I'm happy with what I got this time. Still paying more than some like yourself are as before, but now paying the same as what most folks seem to be getting it for, less than I was paying before for slower service, and less than new customers pay for it. Hard to complain much about that hehe.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Mar-20 11:52:47
Print Post

Success! After [another] 90mins on the phone this morning with them, I have a Fibre 900 order under way for £57.99.

Nice, glad you got it sorted.
All we need to do is now wait for it to go live, the new Smart Hub 2 arrived this morning which looks a fair bit different than the old Smart Hub.
But its probably still locked down like the old one, I will be statying with my own router for now due to it just works fine and does all what I need.

I got through within a couple of minutes at 8am this morning, got a nice lady who tried hard to assist me but couldnt, as 'The System' said I couldnt even get Fibre 900 or even Fibre 500, despite them already trying to sell me it and the website still saying I could when I tried it fresh (I omitted to mention that I tried twice in different browsers and one didnt offer it!). She tried to discuss it herself with the support team while I was on hold, but after another 20mins said she would need to pass me off to their queue. She did so with notes that included that I should be charged 59.99.

Yep, that sounds like the same issues the first person I spoke to yesterday had, they also put info in our notes before they transferred me over to their Sales Support Team.

I held for ages again and got through to the sales support team. They spent a loooong time verifying that I could indeed get Fibre 900 and said that they would match the 59.99 on the site. They spent a loooong time again trying to place the order, and came back to say they were having issues but still trying. Eventually they came back and reported it was done, except for one small issue, that 'The System' wouldnt let them charge me £59.99. So they charged me £57.99 instead, lol.

Yeah my second wait time was about 40 mins, I didn't really need to do much, I just said I phoned on the 24th to upgrade to Full Fibre 900 for £59.99 shown on the site and that the FTTP Sales team confirmed it was available at that price, but had issues with the system and that it was the same with the first person I spoke to before her.

She did a few checks and said yes its available and she then went through all teh T&C etc, I asked to confirm the price and she told me the price that I will be paying and I was like WOW that is cheaper than what is on the site, I then said I think that might be either cheaper or the same price we are currently paying for our 300Mb, she said that she would check after the order was put through, which all went through fine.

And when she told me what we was paying, I was like its the same price for triple the down speed and double the upload.

So the price I was given I didn't even have to haggle for a deal, a few friends said I should of asked for a better deal, I just laughed at them and said NOPE LOL

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Fri 27-Mar-20 12:00:50)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Mar-20 12:05:13
Print Post

[re: Chipmunk77] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chipmunk77:

Well the new Smart Hub 2 arrived this morning and the order shows the contract starts today, I assume midnight tonight.

Paul

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Mar-20 12:07:13
Print Post

Thought it would be. I'm happy with what I got this time. Still paying more than some like yourself are as before, but now paying the same as what most folks seem to be getting it for, less than I was paying before for slower service, and less than new customers pay for it. Hard to complain much about that hehe.

Is the price that you will be paying the same as what you was paying for your 300Mb ?

Paul

Standard User busterboy
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 12:11:08
Print Post

Are you using the Linksys router as in your profile Paul.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 and presume when my time comes it will be good enough. smile

BTBroadband
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 27-Mar-20 12:45:01
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by busterboy:
Are you using the Linksys router as in your profile Paul.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 and presume when my time comes it will be good enough. smile

Yeah, I am currently using the Linksys WRT 3200 ACM works great on my current 300Mbps and "should" be fine with its 1Gbit WAN Port, yeah yours looks similar specs to the Linksys one, but not really looked at it.

If it not good enough I will look at getting a better one, but I think it will be fine.

Paul

Pages in this thread: << 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | [20] | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to