General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Mar-20 09:24:41
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
At least with a delayed regrade you continue to have your original service.

Someone who ceased service with a different ISP and re-ordered with BT could find themselves in a difficult spot right now.

Agreed, I was thinking that while making my breakfast.

Its not too much of an issue, at least its still an open order.

Paul

Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 28-Mar-20 09:32:51
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

That sounds like a joke wow.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Mar-20 09:34:38
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
That sounds like a joke wow.

A Joke ?

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rman
(regular) Sat 28-Mar-20 09:56:45
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
At least with a delayed regrade you continue to have your original service.

Someone who ceased service with a different ISP and re-ordered with BT could find themselves in a difficult spot right now.

That someone is me! I may have to try and cancel my cease, will try and speak to BT on monday to see what is going on with processing their new orders.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Mar-20 10:03:59
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rman:
That someone is me! I may have to try and cancel my cease, will try and speak to BT on monday to see what is going on with processing their new orders.

Yeah I will probably phone Monday just for an update on the issue and if it is an issue to see if they have any plans in motion to resolve this.

But I hope you sort it out.

Paul

Standard User CarlTSpeak
(member) Sat 28-Mar-20 10:15:34
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

Yep, thanks for that. I was going by the numbers at Small Net Builder but if subsequent updates have fixed it that's great!

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User busterboy
(committed) Sat 28-Mar-20 10:25:30
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CarlTSpeak:
Yep, thanks for that. I was going by the numbers at Small Net Builder but if subsequent updates have fixed it that's great!

PHEW.!!!

Thanks Carl..grin

BTBroadband
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Mar-20 11:12:18
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CarlTSpeak:
In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Yeah, I am currently using the Linksys WRT 3200 ACM works great on my current 300Mbps and "should" be fine with its 1Gbit WAN Port, yeah yours looks similar specs to the Linksys one, but not really looked at it.

If it not good enough I will look at getting a better one, but I think it will be fine.

Paul

You're going to be wanting a new router.

So what is wrong with my Linksys router, it has at least a 1Gbit throughput between the WAN and Ethernet Ports?

Paul

Standard User brookheather
(member) Sat 28-Mar-20 11:20:41
Print Post

Some router chipsets can't handle the required NAT performance when you have gigabit speeds - it requires certain hardware acceleration to achieve 900Mbps NAT throughput. Also on some routers enabling features like parental controls can bypass the NAT acceleration as each packet needs to be inspected so it depends on your router and which features are enabled. Your router may be perfectly fine so long as you enable the NAT acceleration feature (also called CTF on some routers). Some more info here:

https://routerguide.net/nat-acceleration-on-or-off/

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh

Edited by brookheather (Sat 28-Mar-20 11:22:08)

Standard User robg1701
(committed) Sat 28-Mar-20 11:33:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Just a heads up to people that have managed to order the upgrade, good luck in getting it go live at the moment.

Checked this morning and it still hasn't gone live yet, MyBT says it's on the 27th up to midnight, sadly this didn't happen.

Just got off the phone to BT (only 2 mins wait) and I was told its stuck at BT Wholesale sadly the people that deal with this are based in India and they are not in the office, and they are the only ones that can do this.

Not too sure if its due to being its Saturday or he was referring about the issues that going on atm.

So it seems that all of these open orders will remain open until they are back at the offices, which could be months.

What annoys me a little is that BT should of known this when I made the order and could of told me there might be delays, I am fine with that but nothing was said.

I am just hoping its due to being the weekend.

Paul

I figured there was a chance of it happening that they dont get actioned, but that it was still worth being in the queue before everyone else if it does for when things resume, and maybe if lucky getting a reduced price now and earlier contract start date hehe (probably not, but who knows). They might also just do the stuff in reduced frequency batches or such like.

Basically, dissapointing but not unexpected if the regrades do get stuck.
Pages in this thread: << 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to