General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 23-Mar-20 08:37:52
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

This is weird. I'm still on contract on FTTPoD but I thought I'd check my number/address with BT anyway.

It gives me only three options:

* SUPERFAST FIBRE ESSENTIAL £27.99/m + £19.99 upfront (download speed range 18Mb - 31Mb, upload speed range 3Mb - 5Mb)
* SUPERFAST FIBRE £27.99/m + £9.99 P&P (download 50Mb, upload 10Mb)
* SUPERFAST FIBRE 2 £39.99/m + £9.99 P&P (download 74Mb, upload 20Mb)

The stupid names hide the fact, but I can see from the speeds offered that the first is FTTC and the second two are FTTP. So if BT know I have FTTP, why don't they offer any ultrafast speeds?

The only thing I can think of is that there's very little FTTP in this area currently, so perhaps they don't have sufficient interconnect provisioned for the higher speeds.

Not that I'd buy from BT anyway, so this is all moot smile
Standard User busterboy
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 09:14:56
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Need to call them mate

BTBroadband
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 23-Mar-20 09:26:59
Print Post

For various reasons (including the need for static IP) I'm not going to buy from BT Retail, so no point phoning. Just thought it was an interesting observation.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Mar-20 09:31:10
Print Post

Unless you are quite a way from the cabinet, why can't the second be 55/10 FTTC and the third 80/20 FTTC?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Mar-20 10:13:04
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out : Zen?

I wonder when Zen or others will release. My contract with them is up in a few days and I'm very tempted to go with BT.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Mar-20 10:20:42
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
BT should have cancelled that plan - due to coronavirus to ease network capacity in UK

Hope Boris Johnson bring in toughter laws to get all of us in UK as a maximum capped speed are 40/10 on all FTTC / FTTP / G.fast to ease the network issues as more childrens in UK stay at home and many will be streaming on their TV.

Before you spread misinformation, try reading from the horses mouth the real information:
https://newsroom.bt.com/the-facts-about-our-network-...

and Mr Saffron's article on the front page of this very site:
https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/8689-press-claim...

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 10:33:24
Print Post

Currently on the phone to them. I have 330/50 currently and their website says I can get the "Full Fibre 1000" package. However when I go to order, I can't. Been on the phone for 10 minutes and haven't spoken to anyone yet.

Still irks me their speeds are symmetric.

Edited by puntoboy (Mon 23-Mar-20 10:33:55)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Mar-20 10:37:32
Print Post

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

Surely asymmetric?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 10:38:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Sorry I mean are not symmetric.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 10:38:48
Print Post

Agreed.

I'm going to contact sales at Cerberus again and see if they have any more concrete plans ahead yet (e.g. potential pricing or a more precise week or date of when they intend to list the new options). It's been a few weeks since I last asked them, and BT Retail have released their pricing so surely Cerberus must have some idea by now.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to