General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 11:27:06
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: hmsq] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hmsq:
Did you choose for exiting customers option?

Also you can always sell the router no?

I chose option 1. Place a new order.

I could sell it, but they specifically say that if you cancel your broadband they might ask for it back or charge you £45 if you don't.
Standard User brookheather
(member) Mon 23-Mar-20 11:32:41
Print Post

Also you can always sell the router no?

For new contracts BT retain ownership of the router and will ask for it back so you need to keep it.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh
Standard User F00tS0re
(member) Mon 23-Mar-20 11:50:35
Print Post

[re: Ixel] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ixel:
Agreed.

I'm going to contact sales at Cerberus again and see if they have any more concrete plans ahead yet (e.g. potential pricing or a more precise week or date of when they intend to list the new options). It's been a few weeks since I last asked them, and BT Retail have released their pricing so surely Cerberus must have some idea by now.

I just tried BT, told I cannot switch as there is no 'working line take over'. I have to cancel with Cerberus then call up on the day of transfer and they should be able to connect me. 'Should' in current circumstances doesn't fill me with confidence.

I asked if I could have a new service as I have a 4-port ONT and was told that would take weeks and would need an engineer and a new service.

They don't make it easy.
Dave

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 23-Mar-20 11:52:44
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I still reckon they have dumbly quoted the FTTC products.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 12:05:06
Print Post

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

Damn, so even if I wanted to switch to BT Retail, at a crunch, I couldn't easily do so I guess. Well, hopefully by next week Cerberus will know the commercials.
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 23-Mar-20 12:16:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It turns out it's just part of the BT site which hasn't been upgraded.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/availability/ still only offers the packages I showed earlier.

However, https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals says "Great news - You could be doing more online with Full Fibre 900" - with my address - and *does* show all the products up to 900. (But oddly, not the 80/20 package).

Edited by candlerb (Mon 23-Mar-20 12:19:47)

Standard User rman
(learned) Mon 23-Mar-20 12:36:00
Print Post

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by F00tS0re:
In reply to a post by Ixel:
Agreed.

I'm going to contact sales at Cerberus again and see if they have any more concrete plans ahead yet (e.g. potential pricing or a more precise week or date of when they intend to list the new options). It's been a few weeks since I last asked them, and BT Retail have released their pricing so surely Cerberus must have some idea by now.

I just tried BT, told I cannot switch as there is no 'working line take over'. I have to cancel with Cerberus then call up on the day of transfer and they should be able to connect me. 'Should' in current circumstances doesn't fill me with confidence.

I asked if I could have a new service as I have a 4-port ONT and was told that would take weeks and would need an engineer and a new service.

They don't make it easy.
Dave

That's crazy! I'll be in the same situation then and sounds way too risky at the moment.
Standard User hmsq
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 13:07:51
Print Post

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

are you not an existing customer?
Standard User hmsq
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 13:08:35
Print Post

[re: brookheather] [link to this post]

Ah ok, on mine I remember I "paid" for it.
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 13:09:49
Print Post

are you not an existing customer?

I am indeed. But I only have the older HomeHub 6 which they tell me won't work and needs repalcing. But I don't use their router anyway, I use a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to