General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 23-Mar-20 13:29:05
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by F00tS0re:
I asked if I could have a new service as I have a 4-port ONT and was told that would take weeks and would need an engineer and a new service.

I think that's wrong. They should be able to provision a new service using a second port on your ONT, instantly. At least, I've seen people who've done other ISP-to-ISP migrations like that, by taking new service from another ISP and then either keeping or cancelling the old service.

Probably the person you're talking to has no idea what an ONT is, let alone a 4-port one.

Of course, the proportion of FTTP services with 4-port ONT is going to get smaller and smaller over time, so less-well trained staff will become less likely to come across them.
Standard User hmsq
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 13:39:51
Print Post

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

I'm trying your route went for Option 1 help with placing an order.

Yes, same I'm using a USG myself for the last 2 years, since moving
Standard User rman
(learned) Mon 23-Mar-20 13:43:19
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Is there no way BT can arrange for a go live date when the cerberus line is cancelled??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User F00tS0re
(member) Mon 23-Mar-20 13:54:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by candlerb:
I asked if I could have a new service as I have a 4-port ONT and was told that would take weeks and would need an engineer and a new service.

I think that's wrong. They should be able to provision a new service using a second port on your ONT, instantly. At least, I've seen people who've done other ISP-to-ISP migrations like that, by taking new service from another ISP and then either keeping or cancelling the old service.

Probably the person you're talking to has no idea what an ONT is, let alone a 4-port one.

Of course, the proportion of FTTP services with 4-port ONT is going to get smaller and smaller over time, so less-well trained staff will become less likely to come across them.

She said she was on the FTTP team previously and their system definitely wouldn't let her do anything on my account. And that if she could she would as it would mean a sale.

I do think the adSL checker has me listed as having a single port ONT, whereas the one on the wall is a 4-port. So possibly system won't let her book a second service without engineer visit.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:23:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by candlerb:
It turns out it's just part of the BT site which hasn't been upgraded.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/availability/ still only offers the packages I showed earlier.

However, https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals says "Great news - You could be doing more online with Full Fibre 900" - with my address - and *does* show all the products up to 900. (But oddly, not the 80/20 package).

I just go to https://www.bt.com/broadband/full-fibre

Paul

Standard User CarlTSpeak
(member) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:24:22
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by busterboy:
Much better than I ever imagined. laugh

New Prices.

Going live tomorrow. smile

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User Chipmunk77
(newbie) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:24:34
Print Post

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by puntoboy:
I've just go through. £59.99 retail price. He reduced it to £57.99 as I'm an existing customer.

£67 here. Existing customer in contract on 300mbit (£60/mth). Suppose I should have haggled but couldn't be bothered.

Looks like they flip the switch overnight.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:26:23
Print Post

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

I do think the adSL checker has me listed as having a single port ONT, whereas the one on the wall is a 4-port. So possibly system won't let her book a second service without engineer visit.

The DSL Checker is down at the moment and says the following:
We are sorry but the checker is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.

Paul

Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:28:30
Print Post

[re: Chipmunk77] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chipmunk77:
In reply to a post by puntoboy:
I've just go through. £59.99 retail price. He reduced it to £57.99 as I'm an existing customer.

£67 here. Existing customer in contract on 300mbit (£60/mth). Suppose I should have haggled but couldn't be bothered.

Looks like they flip the switch overnight.

I was paying £45.99 for my 330 package. I would ring them back but they have a silly ordering system which means they would have to cancel your current order for them to even be able to see what prices are available. It also clearly says £59.99 on their website.
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:47:24
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

Pretty good price but i guess it will take some time till people can order it since fttp rollout will slow down during this pandemic.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to