General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chipmunk77
(newbie) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:50:09
Print Post

Re: FTTP 500 & 1Gb Prices are out

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by puntoboy:
I was paying £45.99 for my 330 package. I would ring them back but they have a silly ordering system which means they would have to cancel your current order for them to even be able to see what prices are available. It also clearly says £59.99 on their website.

Yeah, I'm sure anyone who pushes can probably get that £60/mth, even in contract. I was just being very British and not haggling.

Not too bothered - only a year ago I was on 80mbit, and a year before that 15mbit. Decent progress.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User puntoboy
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 14:51:27
Print Post

[re: Chipmunk77] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chipmunk77:
In reply to a post by puntoboy:
I was paying £45.99 for my 330 package. I would ring them back but they have a silly ordering system which means they would have to cancel your current order for them to even be able to see what prices are available. It also clearly says £59.99 on their website.

Yeah, I'm sure anyone who pushes can probably get that £60/mth, even in contract. I was just being very British and not haggling.

Not too bothered - only a year ago I was on 80mbit, and a year before that 15mbit. Decent progress.

I get what you are saying but it's clearly £59.99 for new customers on their website. Paying 69.99 iis just crazy!
Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 23-Mar-20 15:11:49
Print Post

[re: F00tS0re] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by F00tS0re:
I do think the adSL checker has me listed as having a single port ONT, whereas the one on the wall is a 4-port. So possibly system won't let her book a second service without engineer visit.

Ah right, that will be the problem then. Needs engineer visit to confirm that the ONT really *is* 4 port, so that database can be updated, so that order can be placed.

It's probably worth going through the hassle to get this fixed one-time. You'll then have the option to order more services in future should you ever need to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rman
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 15:14:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ixel:
Agreed.

I'm going to contact sales at Cerberus again and see if they have any more concrete plans ahead yet (e.g. potential pricing or a more precise week or date of when they intend to list the new options). It's been a few weeks since I last asked them, and BT Retail have released their pricing so surely Cerberus must have some idea by now.

I just tried BT, told I cannot switch as there is no 'working line take over'. I have to cancel with Cerberus then call up on the day of transfer and they should be able to connect me. 'Should' in current circumstances doesn't fill me with confidence.

I asked if I could have a new service as I have a 4-port ONT and was told that would take weeks and would need an engineer and a new service.

They don't make it easy.
Dave

Just got off the phone to BT, guy was very very helpful but the exact same outcome as you.

Not sure what to do, do you fancy doing it first and letting me know how it goes? tongue
Standard User Chipmunk77
(newbie) Mon 23-Mar-20 15:19:28
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by candlerb:
Ah right, that will be the problem then. Needs engineer visit to confirm that the ONT really *is* 4 port, so that database can be updated, so that order can be placed.

That's excessively stupid in current times - home visits should be cut down to bare minimums. Surely they'd accept a photo? Esp if you captured the box serial number so they can confirm.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Chipmunk77 (Mon 23-Mar-20 15:19:46)

Standard User F00tS0re
(member) Mon 23-Mar-20 15:34:49
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rman:
Not sure what to do, do you fancy doing it first and letting me know how it goes? tongue

Yeah OK!

Do you have a 4-port ONT? or a single port ONT? It seems certainly that they have no migration process which is madness.

I could push them down a new install. I can handle the visit as the ONT is in my wife's office not mine, and she will clean him thoroughly with anti-bac wipes. However it will be potentially stopped as non-essential leaving me swimming i the wind for the foreseeable.

I could handle a day or two interruption and use a wifi dongle for work as we won't have any guests. My concern is if that dragged into weeks the kids will kill me.

Dave
Standard User busterboy
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 15:50:44
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by epyon:
Pretty good price but i guess it will take some time till people can order it since fttp rollout will slow down during this pandemic.

Yes my FTTP install is 95% finished but the Corona Virus situation has ceased all work here for the current time.

This pricing news is music to my ears though I must admit. smile

BTBroadband
Standard User rman
(regular) Mon 23-Mar-20 15:54:10
Print Post

Yeah OK!

Do you have a 4-port ONT? or a single port ONT? It seems certainly that they have no migration process which is madness.

I could push them down a new install. I can handle the visit as the ONT is in my wife's office not mine, and she will clean him thoroughly with anti-bac wipes. However it will be potentially stopped as non-essential leaving me swimming i the wind for the foreseeable.

I could handle a day or two interruption and use a wifi dongle for work as we won't have any guests. My concern is if that dragged into weeks the kids will kill me.

Dave

I only have the 1 port ONT, mine was installed 12 months ago.

Sounds like a similar situation to me, kids and wife would go nuts after a few days!

I'm just waiting to hear back from Cerberus regarding the cancellation process and then will make a decision. I assume there isn't any notice period if you're coming to the end of your contract..?

I use PfSense so i all i need from BT is the line activated and that's it. Surely that's almost instant these days....
Standard User hmsq
(committed) Mon 23-Mar-20 16:07:41
Print Post

[re: puntoboy] [link to this post]

After going through sales was able to get it through at 59.99 though got email stating 73.99 but he said I should get the adjustment tomorrow for it.

Edited by hmsq (Mon 23-Mar-20 16:08:16)

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Mon 23-Mar-20 16:11:23
Print Post

[re: rman] [link to this post]

I'm just waiting to hear back from Cerberus regarding the cancellation process and then will make a decision. I assume there isn't any notice period if you're coming to the end of your contract..?

According to my contract (para 5.1 and 5.2), you need to give one calendar month's written notice of termination - even if coming up to the end of the initial minimum term - as it will automatically move to ongoing service.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to